Looking for Apartment in Quito

My wife and I are flying into Quito  on Feb 11 and have booked a room in a hostal near " Old Town " for 3 days to allow time to get our bearings. But our hope is to find an apartment ASAP for a few months until our visa process is well underway . We need to be within easy access to both the US  and South Korean Embassies. Any suggestions from anyone where and how to start looking?

Thanks,
Ray

Have you tried Vive1.com?  Go there and search in the De Renta/Alquilar section.   I think the La Carolina sector would be a good location for access to both embassies.  The US embassy is farther north, but only a $.25 bus ride up Ave. Eloy Alfaro.

Another option is when you get here, walk around the area you want to live and look for signs and call up the landlord.  There's often more options on the street than what's online.   This is how we found our place.    Good luck.

jm141302 wrote:

Have you tried Vive1.com?  Go there and search in the De Renta/Alquilar section.   I think the La Carolina sector would be a good location for access to both embassies.  The US embassy is farther north, but only a $.25 bus ride up Ave. Eloy Alfaro.

Another option is when you get here, walk around the area you want to live and look for signs and call up the landlord.  There's often more options on the street than what's online.   This is how we found our place.    Good luck.

Thanks jm141302,
I'll try that website.
My Spanish is basically nonexistent so I hope potential landlords speak some English . Next month will certainly be a challenge and hopefully an adventure as well.

Ray, I suggest you try and find an apartment/Suite you can rent within walking distance of the Korea Embassy as you will probably spend more time there than US Embassy. I doubt you will have to spend more than a few weeks in Quito unless you want to be longer.

fdmcg wrote:

Ray, I suggest you try and find an apartment/Suite you can rent within walking distance of the Korea Embassy as you will probably spend more time there than US Embassy. I doubt you will have to spend more than a few weeks in Quito unless you want to be longer.

That sounds like a good idea. I booked a room  I found on Kayak at a hostal called " Hostal San Blas" . It looked and sounded good and economical and the reviews all sounded good. We will be there probably 3 days or until I figure out where things are and what I'm doing. I expect it to be an enormous challenge since I don't speak Spanish yet and since most of my research was done about Cuenca. But with the birth certificate issue of my wife I felt we need to spend some time in Quito to have access to the Korean Embassy.

Again thanks Frank for your help and suggestions .