Where best to exchange foreign currency (Canadian dollars)

Visiting Vietnam in a couple of weeks. Where do I get the best rates for Canadian currency??

On Le Thanh Ton, to the right of Ben Thanh Market (looking from the front) you will find several jewellery stores who all exchange currency.

No good shopping around, they all sleep together so there's no price differentials.

BRING NEW BILLS IN GOOD CONDITION OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT REFUSE THEM and PREFERABLY CAD$100's.

How's the snow?

Canadian dollars are plastic now, looked and feels new (strange) all the time. As for the snow, I don't want it .... looking out my window make me want to leave now!

I've been using the place on Mac Thi Buoi street, between Dong Khoi and Nguyen Hue streets, in district 1, for many years. Can change most any currency there, and they have competitive rates. You can also buy currencies of other countries there as well. I'll be buying some Thai baht there next week. You can't miss it - they've got a bright, multi-colored LED sign out front.

Canadian weather has moved south.  This morning in Washington, DC, it was -9C but warmed up to -7C.

-9C ... haha. To a Canadian it's spring time temp. Up in Fort McMurray, AB it's -22C now, and that's considered on the warm side!!

Maybe Julien needs to change the title of this thread to "Canadian weather"....

NashCat wrote:

Canadian dollars are plastic now, looked and feels new (strange) all the time. ...

So you'll be used to the polymer notes that VietNam uses too.

But they can get tatty so, as I said, make sure they are in good shape.

Want a bunch of one cent pieces?

"Want a bunch of one cent pieces?"

Were they made in Norway??