EP Renewal Rejected.

Hi All,
I am in Q1 Pass, which is getting expired on March. My company applied for renewal with the revised salary which is still above the minimum salary for Q1. EP renewal has been rejected by MOM. My company already preparing for the Appeal on the rejection.

A quick info may help to understand the things better. This is my second renewal in the same company.  I have done my engineering in one of the reputed university (also recognized by MOM). I am having 5+ years of relevant Exp, among which 2 years in Singapore.
Between, I have applied Masters Degree in NUS (Part time) which was already successful, classes starting in mid of Jan. We are also appending this info in appeal letter. Would this help on appeal? 
Rejected reason stated on the rejection letter is “This candidate does not qualify for an employment pass upon renewal. MOM assesses candidates on many factors, including salary and qualifications. Any appeal will not succeed unless one or more of these factors change.

Does anyone come across the same situation? Could you please share your view?

Thanks in advance.

Hi kdTicks,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you will get help very soon.

All the best,
Christine

EP requirements have been tightened in the last few months.
So it might be that your education (degree) is not recognised any more.
But more likely, your salary is too low. The minimum of S$3000/month for a Q1 pass is for fresh graduates only - with 5 years experience and a Master degree you probably need at least S$4500-5000 to qualify!

Thanks a lot beppi.
I havent get master degree yet. I've just joined the course in NUS(part time). My salary also revised to 4200.
Though there may be lot of considerations on EP approval,I believe its much depends on salary and education.
Do you think this will be enough to qualify? Anyway fingers crossed.

If still appeal gets rejected, I have to quickly search for another job or have to drop the masters and have to leave from singapore.

So your renewal application has been rejected because of too low salary and now you re-apply with a higher one?
Many have tried to "rescue" their pass through an internal arrangement with the employer that they'll "officially" declare a higher salary but return some of it to the company. That is illegal and MoM checks such applications very thoroughly. Be prepared to prove to them beyond doubt that yours is not such an arrangement, but a genuine pay rise.
Good luck!

Hi Beppi,

Thanks. As you said there is no internal adjustment between me and my company. we've append the necessary docs to prove that the hike is proper one.
Lets see how it goes.

Hi,

I am living in Singapore since last 1+ year and working in small Singaporean company and i am in in Q1 with 5000+ salary. Now i got new job with higher pay. The new company apply for my EP but it was rejected, they are going to appeal it but what are the things that needs to be considered while appealing?
What are the chances of getting it approved?
Will it also impact while renewing my EP ?

Thanks,

Hi kdTicks,

What happened to your appeal? approved?

linktopeace wrote:

what are the things that needs to be considered while appealing?
What are the chances of getting it approved?
Will it also impact while renewing my EP ?

An appeal only has a chance of success if information is included that was NOT part of the original application and that is strong enough to change MoM's decision. Just saying "Please have a look at it again" will not work!
The chances depend on the reasons of rejection and how the new information changes it.
The criteria of EP renewal and new EP application are the same, so this is likely to affect your EP renewal too. However, your new EP might be rejected because the employer (not you) is lacking, or because the new job is not eligible for foreigners. If that is the case, your current EP can still be renewed.

After appealing MOM come back with the result stating that " The candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate"

What does this mean? If they think i am not eligible then why company accepted me? why my current employer also accepted me and they granted my EP before a year and so?

IS there anyway to get the reason or make appointment?

Thanks!

Hi,When did you appeal?What they mention your rejection letter?thanks

Appealed 2 week n result came this week.
They stated the candidate is not eligible for work pass.

So you can work under 1st company know ?I mean you have already pass for first company.you have almost 1 year to work there know.