Getting married...Got some questions

I am American and living in Egypt. My fiance is Yemeni but has grown up in KSA. We are planning to get married here in Egypt. He is still considered a student there, but will graduate soon.
We have come across a few questions that the embassy is not being any help with so that we can apply for my iqama and go there while he completes his degree.
Will his being a student have any issue on my approval?
It says for him to be my sponser I need to have permission from mine. Being American, I don't know what to do regarding that since I have never lived in KSA. I am not in contact with my family either.
About how long will the process take?

Hello desertangel.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to browse the other threads on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

There are some unclear areas in your question. If I understand your situation, let me recap it here pls or make some assumptions based on your qn.

- You are American national
- Your fiance is Yemeni national (but living in KSA ??)
- Does he hold a valid visa in KSA (if so whats the profession or is it mentioned as a student)
- If he is a student then it will not be possible for him to sponsor you (get family visa, he might need to change his profession)

Normally for marriage as an American national to an Arab - you might need to check with American Embassy to see the procedures in validating your marriage there and protecting your interests.

The below is the process:
You get married - get marriage certificate, attest this from your embassy and his - translate this - hold. He gets family visa issued in KSA (him sponsoring you part) - sends you to process and you join him once visa endorsed in passport.

Not as simple as above but with lot of paper work, patience and time it will be possible.

Do let me know if you need more details.

well , im worried about your family but yeah , all of the best for you ...

Hi ..someone help. I am a Filipina Muslim woman and wanted to get married here in Saudi to my long-term Filipino boyfriend but Non-muslim men. He is willing to convert to islam .. can we do it in a fast process.?
Is it easy to do the Nikah after he converted to Islam? what are the procedures in Jeddah? thank you.

Arjieh wrote:

Hi ..someone help. I am a Filipina Muslim woman and wanted to get married here in Saudi to my long-term Filipino boyfriend but Non-muslim men. He is willing to convert to islam .. can we do it in a fast process.?
Is it easy to do the Nikah after he converted to Islam? what are the procedures in Jeddah? thank you.

Marriage between two same nationalities in Saudi Arabia is possible :)

Only after he converts !

Wish you the best !

If you have any queries , feel free to ask !

thanks you.
i just want to ask the process of sending my papers for saudi embassy. you know that?
my family already give a consent letter that they approve me to get married here. and this
letter was also sent to DFA for red ribbon, my problem now is for saudi embassy. can i send
it via express like FedEx?