Live in Bahrain and work in Saudi

Hello everyone

I'm afraid this has already been asked but I can't seem to get a full answer.

I'm a UK Citizen with a Saudi residency (Iqama) work in khobar due to family life and better schools i would like to live in Bahrain and cross the bridge each day. The cost of renting a house in Bahrain isn't as high as before and school fees are much cheaper than Saudi I know some costs are much higher but this isn't a problem.

I heard that you can get a CPR or temporary CPR and have the right of residency in Bahrain with a Saudi iqama but I don't know who to ask or what department to go too.

For a little bit of background I have a wife (Czech passport) and my 6 yr. old daughter (UK passport holders) we all have iqama's and have been in Saudi for over 4 years so we aren't new to this area.

Could anyone help ? Because I don't want to get the run around and I'm hope there's a person out there that has made the move to Bahrain and knows what to do.

I know that I can live I Bahrain without to much problems and it seems to be easy to rent a place without a CPR but it would be much better to be legal and have have right to be there plus I don't want to have to drive my family back to Saudi ever 15 days.

From James

Hi

We are going through the same process at the moment. All I know (as my husband is dealing with it all) is that you need to speak to your HR department. Once you have your Iqama then residency is fairly straightforward. Speaking to your company should put you on the right track.

Thanks but could you ask your husband ? Because my HR department are pointless and slow :)

I will ask him but he only started the process this week and just like yours, his HR department is awful. He is away till Wednesday but I will ask him as he knows a lot more about it than I do.

Hope you get there soon :-) I'm also sure more people on the forum will know the answer and get back to you really quickly.

I also work in Saudi and live in Bahrain. I don't have CPR and didn't see a need for one. I do have a roommate who works in Bahrain and has CPR, so he rents apartment and I live there, so I wouldn't know if anyone would rent you an apartment without CPR.
To cross the border daily I got from my company a 6 month GCC visa, and had no problem crossing it.

We have a two year lease on a villa with no CPR, they are happy with UK passport.

My landlady told me that if you rent a property and don't have a CPR the bills are less (tax etc) I don't know how the system works but she asked me to let her know once the CPR process had started to get in touch with her so she could write me a new contract with the rent halved on it. We are all inclusive so she is worried that her bills will go up.

flying_circus wrote:

I also work in Saudi and live in Bahrain. I don't have CPR and didn't see a need for one. I do have a roommate who works in Bahrain and has CPR, so he rents apartment and I live there, so I wouldn't know if anyone would rent you an apartment without CPR.
To cross the border daily I got from my company a 6 month GCC visa, and had no problem crossing it.

You are a single guy (I think) we need CPR as only my husband is covered by his visa. We have to fly out of Bahrain and back in every 3 months until it is all sorted out. Long winded process. Been 9 months so far!!! But the Saudi's are known for being very slow.

If you need things to get down fairly fast in Saudi, hire a clearance agency, they can expedite everything and save you a lot of time.  You just need to find a good agent.

This link might help you: Agent authorised by Saudi Embassy.

We are going through the same process at the moment which my husband's company is organising - I agree with Nawafo that using a clearance agency would be well worth the cost.

Hey James,

What did you do in the end? Have you found a clearance agency?

Hi Jo - DO you know anything about the schools in relation to CPR? I understand that schools now require a CPR number?  I am confused

@K0116401

This topic is over three years old.  It would probably be better to start a new topic, or if you have a question for Jo directly you can DM her.

Good luck!