Baby born in barbados

hi,
I need some i formation for a friend pls.

She and her husband plan to visit Barbados on a tourist visa. She is pregnant. If she ends up giving birth in Barbados can someone pls guide on the following:

1) the child will be barbadian, but will the parents get residency visa? If they want to make it their home or invest there.
2) what would be the cost since I believe they will be paying out of pocket.
3) is it a nice place to bring up kids.
4)how much money is required for investment to get a five year/residency visa?
5) wpare there any social benefits if they make it their home?

A lot of questions but it would be appreciated if anyone could provide the info.
Many thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure about the residency.  Are either one of the parents Barbadian?  That would help.  They are strict on who they have staying here long term.  If they have a job offer that would help as well. 

I have a Dr. I could recommend, Dr. Geoffrey LaFond.  Contact them for pricing and hospital options.  His information is:

Lafond Geoffrey Dr Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Kingsley 2nd Ave B'ville St Michael Barbados
246-426-1229 or 246-436-6450

Yes, it is a great place to raise kids.  The schools here are excellent. 

For your other questions, try reaching the immigration dept.  Here is the link for residency: http://www.immigration.gov.bb/pages/Per … dence.aspx

There contact information is:
Wharf Road
Bridgetown
St. Michael
BARBADOS
246-434-4112
[email protected]

Hope this information helps.

They need to contact Immigration Department & High Commission in Karachi, how many months pregant is she,travelling over 7 Months pregant is not allowed by the Airlines.Medical Insurance is a must!!

soie5 wrote:

hi,
I need some i formation for a friend pls.

She and her husband plan to visit Barbados on a tourist visa. She is pregnant. If she ends up giving birth in Barbados can someone pls guide on the following:

1) the child will be barbadian, but will the parents get residency visa? If they want to make it their home or invest there.
2) what would be the cost since I believe they will be paying out of pocket.
3) is it a nice place to bring up kids.
4)how much money is required for investment to get a five year/residency visa?
5) wpare there any social benefits if they make it their home?

A lot of questions but it would be appreciated if anyone could provide the info.
Many thanks!

If I may ask, have you found answers during six years?

@SeaSun  Thanks for the reply, earlier given, thus,  can you kindly respond to if the child would qualify as a citizen by birth if neither of the parents are citizens of Barbados. Assuming they come as tourist.

Thank you.

@drnwimo https://www.dualcitizenshipreport.org/dual-citizenship/barbados/#:~:text=Individuals%20born%20in%20Barbados%20after,no%20need%20for%20an%20application.

In Barbados, citizenship is disciplined by the Barbados Constitution together with the Barbados Citizenship Act, Chapter 186 of the Laws of Barbados. Individuals born in Barbados after 29th November 1966 will automatically be considered citizens of Barbados. With limited exceptions to this rule. Pursuant to the principle of ius soli, citizenship status occurs naturally, regardless of the nationality of the parents and with no need for an application.
Children born outside of Barbados may also acquire citizenship by descent if their father is a citizen of Barbados and the child is duly registered

@HornRay97 Thanks so much for this reply, prior to my plan as a Nigerian resident in France currently and intending to give birth in Barbados (visa free for Nigerians), I am uncertain on the processing passport duration for the citizenship right for the new born to enable us plan our visit efficiently.

kindly advice

Thank you.

@drnwimo

hello, did you go to Barbados? as I am planning to do the same

please can you share some information regarding the trip and the costs? and if you got anything for yourself such as permanent residency ?