Finding a job in Tampere

Hello!

I am from Greece and moved to Tampere. Can you please give me any advice on how to find a job? What do i need to do? What is the procedure? Do i have to find the job first in order to be registered or do i have to get registered in order to aply for a job? I have been to the police office, kela.... And only today they told me that i need to go to maistraatti to get a registration number! It seems very complicated.... I am comfused....
Any tips?
Thank you in advance...

Hello fgeronti.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hope you'll be helped and advised by other members soon.

In which sector are you looking for work?
What is your professional background?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Aurelie!
Thank you for your replay!

I have studied hotel management. I can work in tourism section. I have an experiance in hotels, travel & tourism over 10 years. I speak greek, english, german, turkish.
But i am flexible as far as the job is concerned because i need to start working.

Hi
You should get a proof of identity first; by applying from the maistratti (social security number) when you have a permanent address over here. Then you have to open a bank account before applying any job.
I will suggest you to join this Ínternational Eng Speakers Associa. of Finland's page. They will link you up with job opportunities if available..
IESAF

Good luck..
BR

Dear all,

Thank you for your kind help!!

I wish you a very happy New Year!!!!

Kind Regards
Fotini