Everday Life in Oman

I've been thinking about taking a trip to Oman, lately, but I have a few questions:
1. What are good topic of discussions, when first meeting someone and trying to make a good impression?
2.Is there anything I need to know about verbal and non-verbal communications?
3. Are public displays of affection, anger, or other emotions acceptable?
4. What should I know about the workplace environment (deadlines, dress, formality, etc.)?
6. When in this country, I would like to learn more about the cultures and people, what activities would you recommend?
7. Who are this country's national heroes?
8. What's the family life like?
9. Describe work in this country.
10. What types of sports and recreation activities are important there?
11. What healthcare is available to the people there?
12. Describe the educational system.
13. What are the important holidays in this country? (& explain the purpose of each, please)
14. What arts and literature are important in this country?
15. What meals do they have and how are they usually served?

If you could answer any of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Hello ElissaG.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You will surely find some informations by reading the other threads on the Oman forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I feel like writing an essay over the questions uve asked. In a single sentence, Oman is a heaven on earth and the most peaceful country u'll ever find in the whole world. Filled with all natural beauty.

If you're coming as a tourist, you'll love the sceneric views all over the country............. !! You don't need to be worried about the people as they're quite humble and peaceful. There are no formalities to be taken into consideration prior to visit Oman.

Best of luck for the tour.