Where do you live

most of you seems to live Bangkok , Chang Mai or Phuket. Anybody lives in East Thailand? I am in Rayong province, live in the countyside.

Hello pokoal2000.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

An introduction would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Why Rayong? Seems a bit extreme to go from Europe to the Thai countryside...

Hi
We're south-east, not too far from you, in Chanthaburi province. Have no interest in big city life, not what i moved to Thailand for, and am content in a town of around 5,000. 12km and we're in Chan city, for us it's best of both worlds as we prefer rural/coast life but close enough for cinemas, etc.
Understand there are many expats working in Rayong, but not an 'expat community'. We've only been to Rayong once, some good beaches in the Ban Phe area, and quite a few retired expats living there too.
There are very few expats in Chanthaburi province. Over half of them are Scandinavian or German, and many of those have been here 20yrs+ and well-settled into local life, maybe not 'expats' any more?
According to Thai immigration stats there about 80 'permanents' who do 90-day reporting in a population of 510,000, plus there are regular school teachers here on six-month contracts, there are two in our town now from US/UK, which double the native-English-speaking population here.
If you have transport, and time, and like quite beach life, suggest you head down the coast one weekend - easy to do on a motorscooter. Or if you're very active, there are regular cycle club rides!
Best regards.

Hi everyone i am new to this site. Live in bangkok ramintra area merry christmas too at times my work allows me to stsy in phuket for a few days at a time within a month. Am filipino