Newby

Good afternoon. I am new to this place. I found ya'll while trying to locate some expat's that I could communicate with to learn about living out side the us.
I currently live in Tampa Florida, USA and can retire in about 5 years. So I am just loking around, seeing what is out there so to speak. I have some time to make plans, maybe even find a place and then get it done.
I will be in that part of the world next Jan, my friend has a place in the general area.

so Hello
JMB

Hello JMB.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

I would like to set up a conversation with a person/persons that are currently living in Costa Rica to get a feel for the place. To enable me to ask questions like roads, shopping, banking and vet services.. Anyone like to take me up on this?
JMB (John)

Welcome! :D hope we meet lots of friends and exchange thought and ideas :D i would love to have a nice cool chat with you :D

Hello John, are you planning to move in Costa Rica in near future?

I am looking that way. I have a few years to come up with a plan. I will be in that part of the world early next year with a friend who has a condo in Nicaragua. I have been "overseas" a lot when younger and am ok with that and I like that plan of being able to live in a warm place, salt water and mountains.
Costa Rica seems, at this time, a good place to start looking.

i wish you goodluck.. im kinda thinking of the same too but first i have to go look for some job opportunities.. :D yes costa rica is the most beautiful place in the world for me..

I have not been there yet. Hopefully soon. I assume that you have by your comment so where is a good place to go for a few days to "look around"?

[Moderated]