Moving to Medan in January 2010

Hey i am moving to Medan,come January 2010.

Anyone can tell me what to expect and the kind of things i could get up to, in fact is there anyone else out in Medan?

Thanks.

Hi Satz,
I will also be moving to medan in Feb 2010.
If you get any info please let me know too.

Thanks in Advance,

Hi there!

Welcome to Medan!
I'm Fabien, living in Medan since september 2009...so if I can help u, just ask me! I will see what I can do!

I hope you will enjoy your stay here! even if Medan is far from being the more beautiful town of Indonesia, there are many things to discover in and out of Medan!

Don't hesitate to contact me!

Hey Thanks Fabien.

I was in Medan for a day, and am pretty aware that it's not a large city like Jakarta, but i am sure there's a lot to do in Medan and surrounding areas. :)

I lived in Medan for 17 years, what do you want to know in specific about this city?

I've been living here for 17 years. What do you want to know about Medan? Don't hesitate to contact me. :D

I love Medan. It'll always be my home town no matter where I go. You can visit some interesting places, even it's a little bit out far from Medan such as Lake Toba, Bukit Lawang etc. If you want to go a litle bit more far, you can visit Nias island. It has fantastic and beautiful beaches around it.  And the other thing that i love the most from medan is THE FOOD. It's so good, so tasty and cheap. That's what I miss the most.
So, Enjoy Medan...