Looking for a job in Goa (or elsewhere in India)

#1 21 November 2012 05:21:08

Mija74
Mija74
Kuala Lumpur

Looking for a job in Goa (or elsewhere in India)

Hi, everyone! Any suggestions for a job in Goa? I am a Russian / English teacher. I have extensive working experience in other fields too, like marketing and business development in retail. I am currently in Malaysia, but would love to go to India. Would appreciate your ideas! :-)

#2 21 November 2012 05:54:53

Cookiemonsta
Cookiemonsta
Hyderabad

Re: Looking for a job in Goa (or elsewhere in India)

Hi Mija!

Work permits for conventional streams are a little difficult to get in India unless you were previously employed in the top management and you need to be making at least US$ 25,000 per annum to qualify for the work permit.

However, if you apply for a job in translation services or as foreign language teacher (Russian) in India, you will be exempted from the US$25,000 per annum salary requirement.

All the best for your job hunt

#3 21 November 2012 05:59:21

Mija74
Mija74
Kuala Lumpur

Yes, that info I have from before as I was working before in Goa for a local police as a translator, the thing is I was for a year there on a tourist visa. I was just extending it every three months with a local agency (which is illegal, I know, but everyone was doing it). I am not looking for a job in a huge corporation, just a teaching job, something simple, and I know how to get away on tourist visa :-) Thank you for your kind reply!!!

Last edited by Mija74 (21 November 2012 05:59:35)

#4 01 December 2012 05:10:51

raja.tm83

Hi Mija,

This is Raja from Chennai...Working for Sales & Marketing i an MNC..R u open to work in Chennai?

#5 01 December 2012 05:17:32

Mija74
Mija74
Kuala Lumpur

Hi, Raja! Yes, I am ready to work in Chennai - pls email at vedra1974[at]yahoo.com, and thank you for contacting me!!!

Expatriate health insurance Goa
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Goa.
>> Click here
Expat banking Goa
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Goa
A few tips from professionals about moving to Goa.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Goa
Don't worry and travel happy across Goa.
>> Click here