Basic Survival in Riyadh !

I want to know how easy is basic survival in Riyadh near Al-Khozama Center, Olaya Street.

I am coming for 3 months and want to know the following info :
1) Can i get a sharing room there. If yes then how and at what price ?
2) Can i get a kitchen setup there or every time i need to go out to some restraunts ?
3) Is Veg Restraunt available there near by ?How cheap per meal ?
4) How is the Public Transport ? How cheap ?
5) Should i carry some eatable stuff with me ?
6) Should i carry jackets, blankets or quilt with me?? I heard of cold season there ?

Please let me know any thing specific that i should carry with me which could be much costly in Riyadh as compare to India currency.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello S.Prashant.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll soon get some responses from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Prashant

Before i answer your question its imp to know why you are saying you are coming for 3 monthS? are you coming as a consultant or what?

Regards

pkmusd wrote:

Hi Prashant

Before i answer your question its imp to know why you are saying you are coming for 3 monthS? are you coming as a consultant or what?

Regards

Yeah I am coming as a consultant.

hi prasanth

you can get both sharing & single room. but olaya is an expensive place to live. it will range from SR 500 for a shared bed space to 1200 for a single room.

2) Can i get a kitchen setup there or every time i need to go out to some restraunts ?
depends on the room you are taking. there is a good chance that u will get a kitchen setup

there are no any 100% veg restaurant available in saudi. you will get a veg. meal for around SR 7, if you go for rice & curry.

there is nothing called a public transport. but still you can find shared taxi's & shared mini bus, which will charge you from SR 4 to above. Depends on the distance.

better to avoid. you will get everything here

6) Should i carry jackets, blankets or quilt with me?? I heard of cold season there ?
ya next month winter is expected to start. bring jackets with you. it will be wise to buy blanket from here.

Please let me know any thing specific that i should carry with me which could be much costly in Riyadh as compare to India currency.
You wont be able to carry everything you want. so better forget it and buy it from here as and when required.

Thanks in advance smile
You are welcome. You can reach me on my personal email [email protected]

adsl.jalawiah wrote:

hi prasanth

you can get both sharing & single room. but olaya is an expensive place to live. it will range from SR 500 for a shared bed space to 1200 for a single room.

depends on the room you are taking. there is a good chance that u will get a kitchen setup

there are no any 100% veg restaurant available in saudi. you will get a veg. meal for around SR 7, if you go for rice & curry.

there is nothing called a public transport. but still you can find shared taxi's & shared mini bus, which will charge you from SR 4 to above. Depends on the distance.

better to avoid. you will get everything here

ya next month winter is expected to start. bring jackets with you. it will be wise to buy blanket from here.

You wont be able to carry everything you want. so better forget it and buy it from here as and when required.

Thanks in advance smile
You are welcome. You can reach me on my personal email [email protected]

Many thanks Man ! i appreciate.