Documents for civil marriage

Hello,

I am getting married to a mauritian and I am an indian. I need to produce a list of documents.

Among all these documents, I need to produce "An affidavit sworn before the Master and Registrar of the Supreme Court of Mauritius, as well as a certificate from my country of residence, attesting that I am in gainful employment or, alternatively, have sufficient means to maintain myself"

Where do I get this document from India and from where in Mauritius?

What all do I need to get this affidavit?

Thank you in advance.

Waiting for your input.

Regards

Hello Akas,

I'm french and i'm getting married to a Mauritian too.

You need to go to an attorney at law who will prepare the paper for you and will go with you to the Supreme Court of Mauritius to swear.

In addition, i've produced a copy of my last pay slip.

Good luck

Florent.

Hii Florent,

Which other documents did u have to produce for the affidavit?

Did u get one madefrom your country too?

Ur last payslip is from the company u were working in your country, right?

Or do u have a job here?

Regards

Hy,

I've a job here, so my payslip is from a Mauritian company, but I think that a payslip form your country will be ok. You just have to prove that you "have sufficient means to maintain (your)self"

Note that only my passport was needed for my affidavit. My payslip was in addition of the affidavit for the civil status office.

For more information, call an attorney at law, even more he is mandatory to get your affidavit.

Are you gone to the civil status office in Port-louis to have specific information about your case? It could help, especially if you are not working and / or living in Mauritius.

Have a good day!

Florent