Salary advice

Hello,

I've been offered a salary of 9,700 SR including transportation allowance (1,000 SR). Is this a decent salary or should I be negotiating for more?

sham1990 wrote:

Hello,

I've been offered a salary of 9,700 SR including transportation allowance (1,000 SR). Is this a decent salary or should I be negotiating for more?

Wouldn't you say we need to know your profession in order to make a comment?  I mean, if you're a nanny, this is a GREAT salary lol  If you're a uni professor, NOT so great!

For unexperienced teacher it is good. For nurse - very good.
For nanny - english teacher in rich family with 4 to 8 spoil rotten kids - very low.
I hope accommodation is included.
Transportation - you usually will spend just for transportation to you work place and back.
8700 SAR is about 1700 EUR. Can you get this (after taxes) in Europe?

sham1990 wrote:

Hello,

You're not a nuclear engineer, are you?

Exactly, I have teaching experience. But, that's fine I will accept it.

Unfortunately, pay scale here is not based on position here, its based on the type of your passport.
Being a European you can negotiate for more......

By the way, just out of curiosity, why you got half faced and hairs picture of yourself :P

you can easily negociate for more, but it all depends on what experience you have and where would you be teaching.
Your EU nationality should get you more than that..

HI,
what for a Salary may I expect as Uni-teacher with more than 10 years experience?
I've also benefits: housing, travelling, flying, ensurance.
Thanks.

I'd say between 11,000 - 15,000 SR monthly. But, I'm new so don't take my word for it.

lalli de lallis wrote:

HI,
what for a Salary may I expect as Uni-teacher with more than 10 years experience?
I've also benefits: housing, travelling, flying, ensurance.
Thanks.

Depends.  What will you be teaching?

I'm architect, I will teach design and architecture in the female university

I read in any forums, that the salary is based on the salary of your own country + 100%, but I have no idea if it's true

lalli de lallis wrote:

I read in any forums, that the salary is based on the salary of your own country + 100%, but I have no idea if it's true

It's pretty much true.  Add to that, however, no taxes, free accommodations and utilities and you can save quite a bit.

(I think Sham was assuming you would be teaching English so it would be a lower salary than what you'll be doing.)

Oh wow, that's a good news!
I hope will my next meetings be ok.

Thanks.