Looking for a place to stay

Hello to all! Wow it is great reading about all of you and your experiences. I'm Ed and I'm retired Army after 26 years. I met a beautifil lady through a mutual friend. We've sent pictures and emails back and forth over the past 7 months and decided to meet each other in person. My spanish is just about zero and her english is barely okay (thank God for Google translate). I'm from northern ohio right on lake erie so I'm used to a little humidity.
I'll be visiting Bquilla from 18 Dec to 8 Jan. Right now I'm going nuts trying to find a place to stay, some hotels are outrageous in their prices. I've even considered the Hostel that is there, but Keren wants me to get a room where she can cook for me. She claims it's expensive to eat out all the time.
Any advice or info anybody can give me would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you when I get there.  Ed

Hello Ed.

Welcome to the forum! :)

For more visibilty, a new thread has been created from your message on the Barranquilla forum.

The Housing in Barranquilla section might help. You should post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Ed:

I'm researching Barranquilla and Colombia too.  I've been there and loved it and would love to go back. 

Do you know Sam Smith in Houston, TX.?  From your description I'm thinking that maybe you went on one of his introduction tours to Barranquilla (like I did in 2001).

He knows a lot about the town b/c he's been visiting it with his groups for almost 10 years now.  His website is ilovelatins.com .  He's a really nice guy and would be happy to talk to you and help if he could.

Regards,
Art

Thanks Art for the information. I'll try to get ahold of Sam. Funny I was considering going to the Philipines also glad I saw your note about it.

Regards
Ed

Hey Ed!

I hope that you can find a place!  I would love to meet up but I am actually going to be home for the holidays during that time!  Anyway, Barranquilla is a really nice city, so I am sure that you guys will have a great visit!  There are quite a few hotels but like you said... some of the prices are a bit up there.

Scott

Thanks Scott. I'll be there and looking forward to it. It will be different having Christmas without snow and cold. Let's stay in touch. Maybe meet up later.
Ed