Piano Teacher

Hi, Does anyone know of a good cheap piano teacher. My wife and I are volunteers here so we don't have the expat income. We would like a piano teacher to teach 2 children aged 15 and 12 at our home. They both speak Vietnamese and English.

If you want cheap, good piano teacher, and your kids can speak Vietnamese, go to the Cultural centers, like this one.
Trung Tâm Văn Hóa Tp.Hcm
97 Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Phường Bến Thành, D1

They do one-on-one teaching. I forgot the price, but definitely not expensive.

Hi Anatta,

Thanks for the quick reply and the advice. I will check this out. We would actually prefer a teacher to teach the kids at our apartment but maybe we can find a teacher from this center.

Thanks again!

As mentioned in another thread, you may want to go to the Music Conservatory
112 Nguyễn Du 1st District.
www.hcmcons.vn
and talk to the people there, or put a note at the billboard.

Many, many lifetimes ago when I was a student there, I did moonlight as a music teacher for some kids at home :).

ok thanks again!!:)

Hello GandI.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Classes section (Music Classes) in the Ho Chi Minh classifieds might help as well. You can post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

(moderated: please post in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds)

Are you looking for a good piano teacher? Great! Nothing can be more rewarding than learning to play the piano.
There are three keys to having a successful experience with piano lessons.
First, you need a good instrument in proper working condition.
Many people have failed at lessons due to a poor instrument, mistakenly thinking that they “just didn't have the knack”
Next, you (and your child) need a firm commitment to faithfully go to lessons and practice at home. Give yourself at least a year or two.
There will definitely come a time when a tricky exercise or difficult new song will frustrate you and make you (or your child) want to give up. But imagine the sense of accomplishment that you will get when you finally master that troublesome piece of music.

The third key to succes is finding the right piano teacher.
But, not all piano teachers are created equal. Some teachers specialize in teaching children; others prefer adults.

Next, ask around for referrals from anyone you know who takes or has taken piano lessons.
Also, check with local music and piano stores, as they may offer lessons or keep a list of reputable teachers. Professional pianists in churches and restaurants often teach lessons or know some good teachers.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Avoid copy paste your ad everywhere. Please post in the appropriate section = Classifieds