Moving to mauritius

hi everyone first of all we my girlfriend and I are thinking to move to mauritius. and want to know how to go about jobs concidering i have a diploma of a senior technician in electricity and what is the average salary for this job .. the cost of living in mauritius ( food, electricity, phone, renting a small house with a pool)and maybe renting a small car.
my girlfriend is irish and she is working in ireland as a support household staff and we would love to know what kind of jobs can she get in mauritius

best regards
souhail

Hello Souhail.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read this thread on Cost of living in Mauritius.

You can read these articles on Work in Mauritius as well.

Hope other members will be able to give you some informations.

Thank you,
Aurélie

thank you Aurelie
hope some people will help us to take the best decision
:unsure

Hi,

I cant tell about jobs but starting your own company here might be an option to look into for both of you.

As far as house is concerned, my company [moderated]. Food might cost around 15000 MUR a month, good healthy foods but if you eat junk procesed food then 6000 MUR should be enough.
Car rentals vary a lot form company to company, I have rented cars varying from 1000 to 4000 a day but car rental companies do give monthly rental price discounts!

God luck in your quest

thank you for your reply, we may conceder ith the idea of having our own business there ;)

Hi Souhail

The world may, one day, run out of most of its vital natural resources, but not of bigheaded and nonsensical creatures.

Though I do not intend to start a futile debate with anyone, I would still say that a small two-room house with a pool would cost no less than Rs 20,000/-, but this varies widely across the island.

In the very remote event that eating is your hobby, this item would cost no more than Rs 500/- per day, if enjoyed mostly at home. Otherwise, healthy home cooking of normal food for normal people would cost no more than Rs 350/- per day.

Long-term rental of a 1200c.c car costs no more than Rs 800/- per day.

A moderate standard of living would necessitate a monthly income of around US$ 1,500/- to US$ 2,000/-

Hope this enlightens you and ease your decision regarding your future move to Mauritius.

Cheers

Vayid