Life in Alexandria

Hi, Am thinking of taking a job in Alexandria. Having difficultly getting expats to tell me what is it like.
1. Safety?
2. I will be coming alone, are there expats to socialize with?
3. Housing and food?
4. Can I get a beer?

Hello cjtannehill.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created on the Alexandria forum for more visibility.

Hope other members will give you some responses.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi cjtannehill ,

I am Alex, I lived there for year.
I don't know what kind situation they are having now but It was wonderful experience. I don't know where you going to be at Alexandria but you might want to check it out "Agami" town. This town is located by beach, beautiful villas are very cheap. A lot of expats are there in town. It is Very close to Alexandria you can go by your car, bus,and taxi about 30 to one hour drive. It's very easy to catch bus or taxi and cheap. They have beautiful Egyptian restaurant, Italian, etc.
Do like tillapia fish or other fish? You have to eat, so fresh.

Local bars - yes, you can have beer, wine and wisky.
Even if you want to eat pork ? you can find in Alexandria suk.
You want a Tucky for dinner? It's there.
Don't forget to eat mango as much as you can over there, because you can not find that sweet mango any where in the world.

Also, there is local Christians.

Only thing difficult part is language but do you know sign language?
Local peoples are very kind and down to earth. You treat them with respect, they do for you any thing.

What kind job is it? Usually they give you housing and expenses.
Any way,
Good Luck to you and hopefully you have a fun there.

Alex

Alexregan wrote:

Hi cjtannehill ,

I don't know what kind situation they are having now but It was wonderful experience. I don't know where you going to be at Alexandria but you might want to check it out "Agami" town. This town is located by beach, beautiful villas are very cheap. A lot of expats are there in town. It is Very close to Alexandria you can go by your car, bus,and taxi about 30 to one hour drive. It's very easy to catch bus or taxi and cheap. They have beautiful Egyptian restaurant, Italian, etc.

Don't forget to eat mango as much as you can over there, because you can not find that sweet mango any where in the world.

Local peoples are very kind and down to earth. You treat them with respect, they do for you any thing.

Any way,

Alex

awesome and true post :)

Thanks Belal Ismail,

Alex

i will be working at Ras El Tin area. Whats the nearest good neiborhood?

Alexregan wrote:

Hi cjtannehill ,

Any way,

Alex

Is there any civil unrest in Alexandria this week?
Is there a place on the internet I can find real local news?