JOB CHANGE

What are the laws for a person on occupational permit for 3 years incase he finds a better job in one year can he change his job. What happens to the status of the dependents residence permit.

I am having the same problem, my boss is not giving me what he has promised. Can I change my job or I have to cancell and go back to my country.

Well, your occupation permit links you to your employer, as you registered as a professional.

You should definitely contact the BOI http://www.boimauritius.com/

Dear Walter

I understand that you hold an Occupational Permit and that your salary is more than Rs 30,000/-

You can change your status into that of Investor as long as your fulfill the requested conditions.

Still, I would advise that you complete the whole procedures prior to submitting your resignation.

Cheers ;)

Vayid - [email protected]

Once you change permit, you should start the procedures once again. Except for the medicals which can be transferred from one file to another.

Your ex-employer needs to provide a 'consent letter' stating that he has no objection that you take up the new job. You can also cancel your permit any time by expressing it in writing to the BOI and Immigration office

I'm not agreable to Vayid's comment, since you wont be able to obtain any formal assurance from BOI prior to cancelling your existing occupation permit. Go there, hook up one of the officers and obtain verbal confirmation from him / her, note down his name so he/she cant deny having advised you.

Hope it helps.

Nadeem

wel i ahv changed my Job being in Mauritus recently so I need to discuss dis in detail ... i wil write soon abt it feeling a bit lazy to write now..

walter plz giv me a cal at 7354636 i wil explain u ... everything....

Nadeem

I stated that Walter could change his status into that of Investor as long as he fulfils the requested conditions, and advised that he completes the whole procedures PRIOR to submitting his resignation.

The “consent” or “no-objection” letter is required ONLY in the situation where the employee is joining another Employer.

Going to the BOI and

hook up one of the officers and obtain verbal confirmation from him / her, note down his name so he/she can't deny having advised you.”

is too simplistic, since, the Officer, will surely, in case of complication, deny having advised in the direction adopted by the person.

It is most prudent to have advice of such importance in writing, especially in Mauritius, even if it will take longer, much longer time!!!

Kind regards

Vayid

I have decided to cancell my occupational permit and go back to India.Do I have to write to BOI or does my employer have to do it. Do I have to pay any kind to fine or can my Employer make any problem for me.

walter why anythign serious u seems quite depressed wel i asked you to give me a calll stil u can cal me to discuss .... i was inthe same situation few months back.... so better talkt o me.. i will tel u full solution..... in which sector u r working... cal me 7354636....

Walter

In which line of activities are you by the way???:/

Before I move to Mauritius I wanted to know in which way does BOI protect an expat if the employer does not pay the employee the salary. Does the BOI takes up the matter with the employer to pay the salary or is the contract cancelled and the expat has to leave the country.

One more question if you dont mind. Can my employer object in BOI if I change my status from Professional to self employed during my contract period. How difficult is this process.