Cookery lessons

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well. I am in urgent need of some info which can't be found on the internet so i was wondering if by word of mouth, would you know if there are any cooking lessons in Mauritius. Of course I am not after an IVTB (professional course); it's more of a hobby and learning new techniques to add to my healthy living repertoire strategy. So it would obviously be a week end or evening class for a couple of hours a week.

Grateful for any tips, advice or input.

Thanks in advance.

Vijee

Hello Vijee.

The Classes section (Cooking classes) in the Mauritius classifieds can help you. You should post an advert there. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurelie, i've looked at Mauritius classified but not much on this topic there, will try again :)

Hi Vijee,
Its a shame i haven't moved there yet as cooking is my passion and i have thought about providing sessions part time.
If when i get there you still want to, then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Hey Ine,

that would be great. When are you moving here and what are the type of cuisine you do?

Thanks,

Vijee

I can show you how to cook (only veg) for a healthy lifestyle.My mother had cancer and got it cured with this diet. Since then we all in the family eat like this. We are all very dependent on brown rice, whole wheat and all at my place instead of white rice, white flour, processed foods.

I dont know if that would interest you!!! But it is very healthy to eat that way and the taste once you start with brown foods which are natural, you dont want to quit!

Let me know if i can help you in any way!

Regards.Disha

Hiya,
What don't i cook ;)
I cook a range of food from traditional mauritian cuisine to Italian (both sweet and savoury)
I am hoping to arrive mid next year unless we get a chance to move before.
Look me up if your still in Mauritius.
Take care

As far as i know Ecole Hoteliere Sir Gaetan Duval provide part time cooking cooking.i think its a 3 month part time course

hello sump,
     can u please give me the cooking prof phone number if u have.and tell where it is please

Try pavadey cooking school in bell rose

Where can i find whole whear flour and whole wheat pasta and rice? We live near Quatre Bornes.

You can find whole wheat flour in big supermarkets  such as Super U / Winners / Intermart etc. in the flour shelf (Search for the Pillsbury whole wheat flour bag) . As for the whole wheat pasta, I can't answer you since I didn't pay attention to that.

Arrive late July this year yay!!!!
Can help with whole wheat pasta as make my own so if u need some then pm me then.

Hi vijee
Arrive soon. I will pm you when I get there if u still want to learn to cook.
Take care