How to Notarize or Certify Documents in Malta?

Dear Expats,

I'd like to ask if anyone knows where I can notarize or certify copies of the documents here in Malta. I've heard that copies can be authenticated by a police officer, but don't they have any official agencies that could provide this service? My Google Search has been so far unsuccessful.

Any response is much appreciated.

Irina

1. go to a notary or a lawyer
2. go to the police - but its not your general police station - in Gozo there is a separate office in Victoria for issuiung licences who also do notarizing

Any notary or lawyer can certify copies. There are many lawyers in Valletta but I like to work with Dr. Alistair De Gaetano (+356 79212121). He's very helpful and very good, works a lot with expats

Thanks. I found a good notary two steps away from my house in Naxxar. Keep forgetting that in Malta it's sometimes better to check Yellow Pages and not the web.

If you type in "notary" into your google search and the area in which you live as well it should come up with the Yellow Pages online. I tried it as I need to have documents done and have found that it seems to be legal offices

im also in the same situation! thanks for the advice, errr what is a notary ( a JP in Australia?) thanks for any help too! penny

A notary is a lawyer or person with legal training who is licensed by the government to perform acts in legal affairs, in particular witnessing signatures on documents.

thanks so much! im off today and armed with info from here it should work!