Where To Stay In Jakarta?

Am moving from India to Jakarta and would be needing a place to stay in Jakarta. My office is opposite to Blok M market. Can you please tell me a good, secure area (with care parking) to stay which should be closer to my office? Also, can I get a furnished something in 6 Million-7Million rent a month or what should be the ideal rent(One bedroom apartment or two bedroom). I am single.
Thanks a lot for your help
Cheer

Hello MPSK.

In meantime, you can post an advert in the housing in Jarkarta section. It could help. :)

Hope members will give you some advices.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Google time.

rumah disewa

Rules.
Never look at anything priced in US$
Check monthly services cost (Rubbish/security/whatever)
Check who pays for what in the event of a fault

One bed should start at well less than 2 million/month in a secured estate.

a good web site worth looking at is www.rumah123.com  you will find an english option available .click the flag in the top right corner, it will give you some idea of what is available and at what cost . good luck

MPSK wrote:

Am moving from India to Jakarta and would be needing a place to stay in Jakarta. My office is opposite to Blok M market. Can you please tell me a good, secure area (with care parking) to stay which should be closer to my office? Also, can I get a furnished something in 6 Million-7Million rent a month or what should be the ideal rent(One bedroom apartment or two bedroom). I am single.
Thanks a lot for your help
Cheer

you might be can live at Gateway, Ciledug. this place quite near if you will go to Block-M market. And also, it's cheap. There's a swimming pool, laundries, mini market, and more fasilities.