Cost of living in cyberjaya

Hi. my husband has an offer to work in cyberjaya.  Is Rm20k /mo suitable to live a decent life in cyberjaya? Considering we have to pay monthly mortgage in india of 2.5k monthly.  WE have 2 children ages 4 and 5.  How much could be the expected monthly expenses for an average family.

What is the best place to live considering the schools and hospital.

thanks

Hi depends on you. Enough to live off, yes - whether it is good depends on inustry/experience etc. Only you know that! Good jobs have general international rates these days so just convert into RM. Cost of living in KL is comparable to many major western cities if you like a high quality lifestyle, but is cheaper for some things. But as a rule of thumb you should know what you are worth in USD and convert

BTW factor in education costs. 15k per year per kid minimum primary. More if somewhere decent. And don't forget tax!

Hi there,  if you are not already here in Malaysia then I would really recommend that you live in Kuala Lumpur. If you choose the Ampang area it is 25 minutes on the highway to Cyberjaya. You can find a nice apartment for MYRM5000 per month in Ampang.  I even know a friend who is looking to rent an apartment 2400 sq ft for around MYR4500 per month in a very nice low-rise condo. Cyberjaya is a nice place, but nothing to do there if you are not working. Lots of offices and restaurants.  I speak from experience as I lived in Ampang for two years, then moved to Cyberjaya where my office is and have now moved back to KL. There are no shops in Cyberjaya so you have to go 10km to the nearesty mall. If you are a stay at home mum and want to join the women's clubs then you will have to go to Kuala Lumpur as their activities always happen on week daysso you would always be on the road if you want to participate.  Let me know if you  need more info.  Malaysia is a great place to live! Fiona