Pursuing Degree at UBC Vancouver

Hi Friends,

Recently,I'm considering of pursuing my Degree in Economics at University of British Columbia(UBC). The high cost of living and expensive tuition fees halt me, and put me into a deep thought. Should I go, or stay where am I right now. Because high cost of living and school fees, to me,are just taxing financially. (I'm a Singaporean)

I've been surfing the nets and browsing through websites,trying to collect as many information as possible. Sadly, the websites failed me, because the sites contain only general information. Every piece of information is now important to me as it may affect my final decision.

Perhaps you guys can tell me more about Vancouver? What's Vancouver like? What's the lifestyle? Working opportunity? Remuneration? and etc.

Your advices are much appreciated.
Thank You

Hi,
I am from Ontairo and went to York University. The tuition fees and living expenses are a lot here as well. Although I can not answer your questions about Vancouver, I think you should do your research at UBC campus as they can be very helpful. They may have a student federation/union that assists students throughout their school years and you can probably get decent-honest answers from them - some real-life stories.