Journey planner to visit schools

Hi everybody,

Next week I will be travelling to Malta to attend a few school appointments for my daughter. In particular, I plan to visit San Anton, San Andrea and St. Martin schools in one day; and St Catherine, St. Michael and Newark the following day. I learned that San Anton and San Andrea schools are next to each other but St Martin is located in another area. It is the same situation with St Catherine and St Michael which are close to each other but not the case with Newark school.

I've reviewed the Arriva Bus website looking for information as how to go from one point to the other one but haven't been successful in this task. Can you please advise if buses are a good option for taking me to those places, and if so how can I plan a journey travel to calculate distances? ...or should I rely on taxi transfers in these cases?...I will be based in Sliema.

Thanks in advance

Hi slacah31,

welcome to the forum.

In the meantime the Arriva bus service has become quite reliable so you can get to all your locations by bus. Just give yourself enough time and get a weekly ticket.

Generally speaking most buses go to Valletta but there are direct routes that might make a trip easier. And you can always ask the bus driver , in general they are nice and will give you advice.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you very much Ricky!

Do you know if there is a journey planner to look at? I didn't find anything on the website. It is actually a bit confusing since the information provided is based in bus numbers without pointing out specific bus stops near to the referred schools.

I appreciate any suggestion at this regard...and again, thanks a lot!

Hi slacah,

just check out where your prefered schools are. The Arriva website is quite good in general but they can not show specific buildings. Then you can locate the nearest bus stop and number or ask the school or the bus driver.

San Anton and San Andrea are on the bus route Mgarr /Zebbieh to Valletta ( a friends of ours teaches at San Andrea) , for the others just check a map or ask when you are at the school. Most bus routes are serviced every 30 minutes during the day so you won't have to wait that long to get your next connection.

In any way it should not be a big problem to get around.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you very much Ricky...I will follow your advice.

slacah31 - St. Martin is in Swatar and here are the buses that go there from Valletta.
http://www.arriva.com.mt/RoutePlansPage … _pk=FC6231

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the link though it didn't open with info about buses going to Swatar. I've already checked bus options to the other schools and it is all ready; however, it seems that buses going to Swatar from San Anton school don't pass through St Martin or they pass far away from the school. Would you mind telling me which bus number is the appropriate one to transport me to St Martin school from Valleta; and if it is possible a direct transport from San Anton school to St Martin school in Swatar?

Thanks a lot!

Astrid