Practical travel ?

We are hoping to make our first trip to CR with the idea of looking for small towns that might be worth a longer visit...we're thinking of moving out of the US - or, at least spending a large part of the year elsewhere!
We'd love to be near the ocean (either one). Is it practical to try to get to both coasts in a 10 day trip or should we concentrate on one? We have the additional issue of me....I am totally freaked out by height and won't be able to handle living perched on the side of a mountain...I know, I know, that's where the gorgeous views are, but I'd never see them because I'd be huddled in the house. It's darn annoying but I can't seem to overcome this one personality flaw...LOL (Don't ask my husband if that's my only flaw...HaHa). We'd love to chat with folks who've made the move...we found tons of people willing to share their experience in Belize and found it to be really helpful. BTW I am sure I speak for eveyone on these sites that we truly appreciate all the info you guys are willing to share...8-)
Thanks, kathryn

My wife and I are considering a vacation to Costa Rica as a first step to a possible move there.
A friend of my wife advised her not to go as she is a blue eyed blond and she would have issues with the Costa Rican men.
To me, this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in quite some time, but my wife is taking it to heart.
Can someone there please set the record straight for us?
Thank you