My book I wrote while escaping the English world.

Gaston's Secret: the lottery child.

The majority of people I meet living in South America have a story. There's usually a reason these people want to leave a country full of opportunities and give it all up to live a sometimes frantic life in South America?   

I've been running from the English world now for 40 months and living in South America for pretty much all of this time. I haven't really worked out what it is I'm running from at this point, but it's clear there's something that makes me do what I do.

My story is a wacky tragi-comedy set in 21st-century inner-city benefit-funded housing in London, but also the city's most exclusive neighbourhoods and then on to Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Spain and Italy, and wherever I wanted, really.

I was lucky enough to be born into a poor family and dragged through the poo to know exactly how lucky I am now. It's rare I meet anybody luckier than me, and I don't believe I ever have met that person. I can safely say I'm the luckiest person I know.

People and views about society change when your family win multiple millions in the lottery, especially when you and they had little. I can't comment on people who win the lottery and were already rich; I can only comment on the situation I know. It's an event that people spend their entire lives wishing for but never actually fully prepare for in case it does happen. For most it never does. It's an interesting affair, and due to human nature's harsher side and the vultures in this world, it's one I've learnt is best kept my secret.

In society's eyes, I was once considered an extreme piece of poo. This was not my fault; it was only the hand I was initially given by the man upstairs, and really, he was only teaching me a few tricks of the trade. I thank him very much, and any guide who's played in my show.

Gaston's Secret is an action-packed story with an accidentally evolving consciousness and development of spiritual values as a result of things that have happened, to the point I've had no option but to believe you can only do bad in this world if you wish to lead a life of paying for bad karma.

Please enjoy my roller-coaster read. Maybe one day you'll meet me and you'll never know it was me.

Gaston

Hello Gaston Cavalleri.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Aurélie

Thanks! Look forward to helping out.

Gaston