Moving soon

Hi all,

Moving to Malta 1st of August with my 7year old son, husband from orkney and 3 dogs and one pussy cat.
Have found a house, out on the 8th june to sort the rest out, not buying, renting for now.
Need some info on transporting my pets and one car plus personal belongings, safest but cheapest way, any advice gladly received.
Cheers Sam

[Moderated]

Hi mohmat,

if you can't read,understand and write decent English how do you expect anybody to trust you to pick up a loree load from anywhere?

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi mohmat,

if you can't read,understand and write decent English how do you expect anybody to trust you to pick up a loree load from anywhere?

Cheers
Ricky

why would someone in Orkney moving to Malta use a Kuwait firm ? I know petrol is cheap there, but even so...

Well said....should have asked him if his lorry floats.

it may be "a float" lol.....

Hi Sam,

if you going to become residents of Malta and have owned your car for more than 2 years and if it is the right condition to be driven to Malta your best and easiest option with so many pets might actually be driving down to Malta!

Check out the registration tax issue and whether you qualify for the tax-free exemption.

If your pets have all their documents/passports you should check with your airline about terms/conditions/prices to have them fly with you to Malta.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks,

Do you have a rough idea how many days it would take to drive from uk to malta?

Cheers
sam

If you drive the fastest possible with 8 hours sleep inbetween you might be looking at two days ( what car do you have ?) to 3 days , if you take your time and enjoy the trip and stop along the way it would be much longer ........

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks,
We have a puma, my husband can do it as im leaving my mini behind. So there is no problem with the 3 dogs in the car if we have the neccesary paperwork?
sam

A puma and 3 dogs in the back of a car - could get nasty

they came from scotland to wales in the back no problem

how does the puma get on with the dogs ?

they came from scotland to wales, in the back with no problem, will see what hubby thinks when he gets home, look of terror i should imagine.

I will take the easy route and fly with the cat ha :)

many years ago i had a cougar in the back....lol

more help please...

If my husband drove his car from uk to malta, and i also drove mine..are we permitted as a family to have a car each or would i have to pay tax on one of the cars..

thanks

how long have you owned the cars ? Are they in separate names ?

I have owned mine for 4 years anf teej has had his for 3 years, yes they are both in separate names.

meant to say my husband teej has had his for 3 years,sorry

I've never seen a mention that its one vehicle per couple, only one vehicle per person

Ok thankyou for the advice

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca … Ae6Ur31ApA

"A person is entitled for an exemption on one vehicle only, whether it is an M1 vehicle or a
cycle and he will be entitled for an exemption only once."

Thanks for the advice folks,

I have now worked out how to get one car, one husband and 3 dogs to Malta for just over a grand...amazing. Ferry is the way.

found all the info I needed by looking back over previous posts.

Im in Malta 8th to 15th june to sort the house out, is there a get together around that time?   

sam