Some foods dont taste the same

During my travels to the DR, i found some foods dont taste the same for example.
The cheddar cheese taste funny and dont do my eggs justice.
I found one pack of kraft american cheese 12 slices in a store and was saved temporarily, cost me $5 us though.
The salami is strange also no help for that.
The sausage is strange but im from Alabama and basically a country boy so i know how to make sausage.
Could not find any collard greens, but i can hanle that too.
Canned tuna and salmon ie bumblebee is almost $5us for 5oz can. I gotta stockup on those here because i buy 8cans for $5us on sale.
Ramin noodles $1 a pack.
I found okra for my beans.
Pickles taste wierd in dr also.
DR pizza is fair. found a pizzahut in Playa Dorada near Peurto plata.
Found a Burger King near Puerto Plata but had to drive to Santiago for KFC.
My Dominican family food is to die for though.:)

The problem in the Domenican Republic is, if you find a supermarket who has exactly the same stuff like in Europe or in the States it is very expansive.A glass of Nutella 5 Euro!!!!!!!!
Here in Las Terrenas we have also a german supermarket but of course much more expansive than in Germany,but sometimes you want  to give yourself a little treat.I still have problems with the meat,because you have to cook it for hours to get it soft.
Saludos Katrin

katrin67 wrote:

The problem in the Domenican Republic is, if you find a supermarket who has exactly the same stuff like in Europe or in the States it is very expansive.A glass of Nutella 5 Euro!!!!!!!!
Here in Las Terrenas we have also a german supermarket but of course much more expansive than in Germany,but sometimes you want  to give yourself a little treat.I still have problems with the meat,because you have to cook it for hours to get it soft.
Saludos Katrin

I use a Pressure cooker here in the states and will bring one to dr because they are so expensive there. My dominican family uses pressure cookers also. They are very fast and the meat melts in your mouth. mmmmmmmmmmmm