Emplyment Screening ?

Hi,

Can you kindly explain me the visa process for saudi arabia. I have been offered job of six thousand riyal plus accommodation, health insurance and return ticket. I signed the contract four weeks ago and sent scanned copies of documents via e-mail. The employer told me that he has sent my documents for employment screening.

What does employment screening mean? How much time it takes for employment screening? What is the best way that my wife can travel with me?

I will be thankful to you.

Sohail

Employee Screening Service means check Background of the employee and holds any criminal records before leaving the country.

The employer says he has forwarded documents for both employment screening and visa process. I sent him only the copies of my passport and educational certificates. Does it mean that my visa application already in progress? When will the employer ask me to send original documents? I don't want to repeatedly bother my employer with e-mails because he doesn't seem interested to tell me details. He says just wait. Kindly shed some light as i am unable to find answer to my query in the previous posts.

Thank You

Typically your wife cannot travel with you.  I been told persons holding PHD's or Masters are allowed to bring their families with them.   I do not know how accurate this is or if it is based on a company policy.   You will need to get your Iquama and your employers approval before your wife can join you.  If you were hired as a single status you may not be able to bring them legally.   I assume you were hired married status.   If not then this is a big hurdle you need to clear first.   I would always recommend to new staff not to bring their wife or family until the three month probitionary period was completed and they became permanent employees.

Unlike the rest of the world, unfortunately the employers here don't like people asking many questions. Please take care :)

Yes, they have sent documents to the embassy for visa processing. You'll not need to send the original documents ever. The process may take some 3-4 weeks.

Alon Injed wrote:

Typically your wife cannot travel with you.  I been told persons holding PHD's or Masters are allowed to bring their families with them.   I do not know how accurate this is or if it is based on a company policy.   You will need to get your Iquama and your employers approval before your wife can join you.  If you were hired as a single status you may not be able to bring them legally.   I assume you were hired married status.   If not then this is a big hurdle you need to clear first.   I would always recommend to new staff not to bring their wife or family until the three month probitionary period was completed and they became permanent employees.

Very right.

Patience is required.   It may take many months to finalize as per the whim and nesecity of the employer.   If you hit Ramadan Season forget it for two additional months.   Once it took me 5 months including Ramadan and the next time 3 months including Hajj.  The last one was the quickest and it took 1.5 months.

sohail7 wrote:

The employer says he has forwarded documents for both employment screening and visa process. I sent him only the copies of my passport and educational certificates. Does it mean that my visa application already in progress? When will the employer ask me to send original documents? I don't want to repeatedly bother my employer with e-mails because he doesn't seem interested to tell me details. He says just wait. Kindly shed some light as i am unable to find answer to my query in the previous posts.

Thank You