Importance of Educational Certificates

Dear EB friends,

The visa consultant of my employer in Saudi Arabia is insisting that I travel to KSA and join the job even though the attestation of educational certificates is not completed. The attestation process may take 20-30 days, but my consultant and my employer want me to travel without the attested certificates.

I have received my Visa, and it is valid till May 25th or so.

Should I travel before the attestation is complete?

What I also want to know is whether travel without the attested certificates wuold allow me to join my employment and get my IQAMA, driving license, rent a house, buy a sim card, buy interenet connection, etc or not ??

Thanks in advance.
Ghanshyam Dave

ghanshyampdave wrote:

What I also want to know is whether travel without the attested certificates wuold allow me to join my employment and get my IQAMA, driving license, rent a house, buy a sim card, buy interenet connection, etc or not ??

There are no probs whatsoever Dave. I suggest you get on board asap.

The attestation can be done anytime later and can hinder just:

1- Change of profession on Iqama. Financial Analyst is a great profession, why would you need to change?

2- Applying for family visa. Will you be getting married soon? :)

Rest everything else you've mentioned can be done without attestation on the certs.

Thanks TLL.. I'm coming soon.. I'm not gonna change my profession, its what i'm there for. And it gives me all the benefits that we look for as an expat right??
And i'm not getting married in d next two yrs.

All the Best mate. Do PM me your number if you happen to be in Riyadh sometime. Catching up will be great; cup of coffee on me :)

Roger that !! Only coffee,  No beer ?? ;)

Sure, if you could bring along... :D