New : Libya jobs section

Hi,

we are pleased to inform you that a new Jobs section is available on expat-blog.com !

Whether you are looking for a job or offering a vacancy in Libya, we invite you to post an ad in the Libya Jobs section.

Do not hesitate to share your thoughts and comments, your feedback is always appreciated !

Thanks,

Julien

I think that this is a great improvement to separate "Jobs" from "Classifieds" - much easier to find things you are looking for! :)

Thanks for your feedback !

Hi,
Nice to hear from you.

I recently got an offer from Libya Waha Oil Co., and i have also recieved the Entry Visa, my only concern is to know current status of Libya and would it be a right decesion to come to Libya in this situation.

I would appriciate if you could let me know the current status of Libya as well let me know about the Waha Oil Co.

Thanks & Regards,
Liyakhat.

Dear liyakhat, you may want to search in the forum for the answer to your question. Or if you wanted to post your question there, you would receive more feedback. :) Congrats on the job offer though!

(moderated: please post your advert in the Jobs in Libya section)

Hello Friends

I read all the things discussed in this thread.
People have different opinions. Let me share my experince or rather my friends experiences , who went to work with waha oil in libya in january 2012.

Me and two of my friends got offer letter from Waha oil and we were happy. We were planning to move whilst we decided to check about this compnay from our sources as we usually do. I was having one known friend who was working in UAE who earlier worked for Waha oil. He summed his experince as horrible. The company as nothing which is called work culture. You cannot talk freely. You cannot express your opinions. You have to do engineering work like a labour. One shall be always ready to listen to nonsense from his supervisors and if you daare to speak anything or even stare at him , they will not hesitate one second to fire you. The condition is worse for Indians.

Dont talk about bringing family. They will give child education allowance only when children are studying in libya. This is a trap. Once you move there you will feel the atmosphere there which has become worse now. Your wife is subjected to rude and chaep comments from children or elder locals. Once someone even tried to molest his wife. She completely locked herself in the rom after that. She was even frightened to go to shopping . Ultimately my friend decided to send his family back. That means child allowance and family accomodation doesnot exist. This is a trap to bring workforce so that HR / Managers  can get their incentives and heavy bonuses and allowance for recruitment.After family was gone he was given bachelor accomodation with all old furniture and you have no say to change things.

Worst is daily humiliation in office after some months and they will harass you to the extent to returning back. Few are lucky that they get a job immediately elsewhere and rest either repent or just carry on for some more time unless they are fired one day. Within one year , he decided to come back as he got an offer from a UAE based consultancy. He also heard that they were planning to reduce his salary to half if he would have continued.

Listening all this, two of us decided not to go but one of my friend decided otherwise being lured by initial money. He left a well paid job here in UAE and joined there in December. His experience from the second week onwards itself was painful. He described the same horror story which my other friend had described. There  was no possibilty of bringing family. He went on to say that leave about ladies even you will be attacked if they see some money with you or if they dont like you. You will not be allowed any sports activity as that is an illusion only to bring people.  He was horrified in the first month. After three months he decided to come back as his boss called him names in the office in front  of many people for talking to some other senior without his permission. This company is horrible and people have lost all sense of being law abiding citizen. After Somalia this is the second worst place on earth. We were luck to have not moved there. They are conducting regular interviews in many countries and luring people with false promises but they are worst employers. Hell.

I have nothing positive to say about this place and company.Sorry guys . You may also consult other people for their opinions . Since i had a first hand experince from listening to two of my friends, I am really sorry for people who fall in their trap.

i am a carpainter.i lived in pakistan i want to go libya for work.

i want a visa for libya.i am a carpainter
i can work as painter
as a electric welder
as a drivering expering 6 years.i am living in pakistan

Hi ,

Im a Filipino , from Philippines and i need help from you,

One of the company  in Nigeria sent a letter /offer  employment with them  the name of the Company is TERESOLS OIL and GAS NIGERIA,

I just want to clarify if it is thru that base on my contract they stipulated , that upon joining with the company i need to process the   Affidavit of Guarantee and Letter of Attestation from thier accredited Attorneys before they can process my working Visa and resident visa at my own expense,

I just want to confirm also if this company is existing in Nigeria  i just want to make sure that this is not a scam just to make money .

Hope you can help me on this one, I just knew to this place /country if i have to pursue joining in this company