TV programs

Don't know if much people here watch the local programs in Dutch. For me I actually watch quite a lot because of my husband. If he watches something I also watch along. Here are programs I like to watch

Komen Eten(VT4) I think in a lot of other countries there are the same program. 4 people, 4 nights, they cook for each other and rate their performance.

Uit de Weg(VT4) Young people who are trying to get their driving licenses. Sometimes they can do really stupid things.

Exotische Liefde(VT4) Belgians whose other half is a foreigner. This is the second season already, it's more "normal" than the first season, but they sure can find extreme cases in Belgium.

Bloed, zweet en luxeproblemen(BNN) This idea came from an English program I think, a few Dutches experiencing the life of workers in the third world country.

De Wereld Draait Door(VARA) Only watch it for the funny clips, the talking part I don't pay attention.

Don't know what other programs do you like to watch?

Oh, one good thing about Belgium Television is they don't dub movies!! It's more comfortable to watch and understand in English.

Whenever I'm in Belgium (my home country) I watch programs about travel (I guess I didn't become an expat by chance...)

These are the ones I like:

Vlaanderen vakantieland (VRT): about travel in Belgium and abroad

Weg van de wereld (VRT): about special days all over the world like the burning man, el dia de los muertes and an Indian wedding

Rusland voor beginners (CANVAS): I think they also did China and India. An introduction of a certain country: a Belgian singer looks into the culture, a Belgian athlete into the sports, etc.

Hello, goodbye (VTM or 2B and also on Dutch television I think): the interviewer talks to people at the airport and uncovers some really sad, happy and funny stories.

I think most of these programs have stopped for the season, but I suspect they will be back very soon.

I Useually watch vijf tv. Most stuff is in English and subed in dutch so i can practice and watch tv easily. They also have some pretty good movies on to

Weg van de wereld, hope there would be new ones later, since there are still so much special festivals around the world.

I do watch the Hello, Goodbye from the Netherlands tv, feel quite related to some of them since did have to say hello and goodbye to my husband a few times before I came to live in Belgium

Yes, subtitled in Dutch helps a lot with learning Dutch! What level of Dutch are you now? I'm almost done with 2.2

Im about half way though level 2 not sure if its 1.2 or 2.2