If someone needs help & information from Finland

I can help and tell what you want to know. I have born in Finland so feel free to ask what you need to know. I search answers in Switzerland forum so I want to help also other people in the same situation and because IŽm Finnish i know my home countryŽs things :).

Hi Springflower,

Thank you for offering your help to members. :)

Thank you for your offer to help. Actually I am swiss, now living in Japan. Will move to Helsinki this summer.

I will come my my family: 4 kids & 1 wife. We wish to rent a house but I am not sure which area is recommended and how ro search.

Do you have some recommendations in terms of areas and also real estate agencies websites etc...
Thank you,
Seb

This in finnish but if you can translate the main topics somehow..these pages where you can search appartments for rent
http://asunnot.oikotie.fi/vuokrahaku#vi … rpricerent

this is in English and here you can find companies which offer rent appartmens
http://www.vuokraovi.com/vuokraovi/main … htype=full

Hi everyone i am looking for products like anatomical pillows,silicone insoles,orthopedics and sports medicals.
Do you know where i can find them?In what places...such as markets or pharmacy shop?
Any links for sites would be appreciated!

Hi Springflower,

You are very kind to offer about your home country.

I really need your help.

I am going to visit to Oulu.
So far, I could not find a home-stayed accommodation.

Is there possible to get a home-stayed accommodation in Oulu?

Thank you in advance.

Springflower wrote:

I can help and tell what you want to know. I have born in Finland so feel free to ask what you need to know. I search answers in Switzerland forum so I want to help also other people in the same situation and because IŽm Finnish i know my home countryŽs things :).

http://www.airbnb.com/search
Here you can find some places..

Hello..

Just moved into Vantaa. I am sorted with my Maistraati registry, Vero, Kela and am now into my house search. Do u kno anything else (bureaucracy) that I have missed?
Also, areas where I can get good acco.. around Myyrmaki?

Thanks
Kunal

Some of the questions which come to my mind are (and which google cant answer) ;)

I got selected in Univ of Oulu in the MSc Wireless Communication.
What is the reputation of this univ and ur opinion abt this college?

What are the chances of seeking some odd jobs to support myself during the two year program?

How about learning Finnish language? easy or difficult?

How is Life in Finland? How is the whether and its vagaries?

How about Indian food (preferably veg) and its availability? If i cook would i get the required groceries? If so how economical they are?

Springflower wrote:

http://www.airbnb.com/search
Here you can find some places..

Dear Springflower,

I got a nice accommodation through your recommended website. Thank you so much.

Could you advise me a shopping mall or market which not too far from Helsinki-Vantta Airport?

I have 6-7 hrs extra time at Helsinki (transit).

Thanks again.

There is maybe the nearest shopping mall the Itäkeskus. ItŽs quite near the airport. Google maps may help you if you put that in it, it shows the way. There is a lot of shops if you donŽt want to go  center? There is easy way to go by airport bus to center and back to airport.

Dear springflowe:)

I would kindly ask u one question it would be nice if you have time and energy to answer..i see you are very helfull for everybody :)

I lived in Lahti last year and i volunteered for Lahden nuoriso palvelut ja nyt mina puhun vahan suomeksi mutta haluan oppia viela.i love your country and i will be coming to Helsinki in late October.For start i would like to find any kind of job because i want to improve finnish language.I like the language so much.Do you have any idea where can i find a job,any kind,i can understand finnish and even speak enough to communiicate basicaly.

If you have any idea about the job i would be really gratefull.I am born in Croatia,28 years old and i have masters degree in Kinesiology.i work as personal trainer in my country but i did almoust aeveryjob there is while i was studying.

thank you for offering your help,and if you are every visiting Croatia for a holiday,i can be helpfull as well.

kiitos paljon ja hauska viiko sulle ;)

mia

Hi, sorry I havenŽt answer before, but I have been travelling the summer.
YOu are searching job, finnish job site is www.mol.fi
There you can search all jobs from Finland, you can choose area, job etc. different kind of opportunities. One is www.monster.fi You can leave there your own cv. Monster has site also in english. Hope you find a job! :)

Hi I'm currently living in Washington state but am hoping to take a class to receive my certificate to teach English as a second language. I really want to teach and live in Helsinki by the end of next year any advice on the job market in teaching? Or places to rent. Would really appreciate any answers.

Thanks Kala