Visa L? Visa F?

Start working in China not long ago and my HR dept assisted to convert my leisure visa applied in Malaysia to visa type F and inform me that I can stay up to 1 year without leaving China, is that true?

There should be some sort of visa paper pasted on your passport?
You should be able to find the validity period indicated on it?

However from what I read on net, F visa is only valid for period less than 6 mths?
I think z visa would last a year.

(1) Tourist and family visit visa (L-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for tourist purpose, family visit or other personal affairs.

(2) Business Visa (F-visa ) is issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, exchanges in the fields of science, technology, education, culture and sports, or attending various kinds of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term study, intern practice for a period of less than six months.

(3) Student Visa (X-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for the purpose of study、advanced study or intern practice for a period of six or more months.

(4) Work Visa (Z-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China to work and his or her accompanying family members, or to give commercial performances, implement aid or cooperative projects in China.

Thanks ,  Emily. That is same info i obtained from internet but hr assure me i can stay up to 1 year without leaving china. Do you know how long to get the work permit done ?