Getting married in Iran

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Iran or who are about to get married in Iran to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Iran? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Iran)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

I heard the government has regulations that make it tough for foreigners to marry Iranians. The source said that you could get around this by both going to Turkey, and getting married there.

Thank you ChuckleHut! :)

Aurélie

Salam
getting married with Iranian girl what will be the procedure?
Thanks

What are the procedure for foreigners?

if you found a woman in Iran and she is muslim you should change your religion but with another religion you can get married

If you are woman you can get married with one man religion it's not important

if u wanna marry an iranian girl inside iran ,i think u should convert to religion

Hi, I' m moving to Iran in couple of weeks. I'm catholic and I will like to know if I have to change my religion in order to get married there.
Please advice. ;)

hi tani,

if you want to chenge your religion ,you can and there is not any problemm to marry ,and also there are lots of christian pepole in iran and you dont need to change your religion if you want to marry to christian boy ,but if your fiancee lim you have to change.

There is no problems at all to go toIran and get married at all but why.

Why would you want to do this.

Well, my fiancé is Muslam. Since he is Muslam and I Catholic, do I need to change my religion to Muslam? Somebody told me that I need to change my religion in order to get married there, but I don't know if this is truth or not.

yes you must chenge your religion beacase of islamic rules ,

in our country you have to be muslim after that u can marry with your fiancee and it is so easy to change your religion here.
wish you have a good pleasur with yur future husband

no you don't need to convert to islam:) for nonmuslim men who want to marry muslim women its needed to convert but for nonmuslim women is not needed

Dont worry about nothing you can get married if you were christ or non muslim  too

Hello basri1 :)

Please note that this thread has been inactive since 2013, you may not receive any responses.

Do feel free to participate on more recent threads and share your expat experience with us.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Dear Armand,

Have you been able to find information about this topic since then? I'm in the same situation now and asking myself the same questions.