Pregnancy in Iraq

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Iraq?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Iraq?

Thanks a lot for your advice :)

Christine

u talking about Erbil right?

Hi loay,

You are welcome to share information about Erbil as well. :)

Which city you living in Iraq?
Neil

Hi Christine,

This is probably not what you'll want to hear, but my experience and my friend's experience have both not been good. When we moved to the Kurdish region of Iraq, I was about 6 months pregnant. I went to 2 different doctors and never really got clear information. I went into labor a month and a half before my due date and it was a disaster. One doctor wanted to cut me open and do a c-section right then and there, but the other gave me meds to hold off and leave the country because "there are not adequate facilities for taking care of premies here". I ended up traveling to have my baby and everything turned out fine.

Also, a friend of mine went to see one of those same doctors and she was pregnant, but the doctor told her she wasn't. The doctor gave her meds and she ended up having a miscarriage. Now, she's pregnant again and is seeing another doctor, but is so worried because she doesn't know if what the doctor is telling/giving her is right.

Another thing to consider is if you have a foreign nationality, you will need to get a passport and birth certificate from your embassy. If there is no embassy, then the consulate may or may not be able to help you. This is another reason we traveled.

Anyway, that may not be what you're looking for, but I hope it helps a little.

I  cannot help  bit wonder where were the doctors trained and what certificates they have,.thanks mike

wingsgirl wrote:

Hi Christine,

This is probably not what you'll want to hear, but my experience and my friend's experience have both not been good. When we moved to the Kurdish region of Iraq, I was about 6 months pregnant. I went to 2 different doctors and never really got clear information. I went into labor a month and a half before my due date and it was a disaster. One doctor wanted to cut me open and do a c-section right then and there, but the other gave me meds to hold off and leave the country because "there are not adequate facilities for taking care of premies here". I ended up traveling to have my baby and everything turned out fine.

Also, a friend of mine went to see one of those same doctors and she was pregnant, but the doctor told her she wasn't. The doctor gave her meds and she ended up having a miscarriage. Now, she's pregnant again and is seeing another doctor, but is so worried because she doesn't know if what the doctor is telling/giving her is right.

Another thing to consider is if you have a foreign nationality, you will need to get a passport and birth certificate from your embassy. If there is no embassy, then the consulate may or may not be able to help you. This is another reason we traveled.

Anyway, that may not be what you're looking for, but I hope it helps a little.

dear wingsgirl..
next time you need to ask people you know for the right Doctor...
yes there are many unqualified Doctors here, but there are good ones...

Hi there
I think you should contact Soran hospital for pregnancy in Erbil