Pregnancy in Manchester

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Manchester?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Manchester?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Hello.
Congratulations!
It depends which area you live in as to which hospital you can get booked into for your labour.
I have worked at St Mary's hospital  in the centre of the city. This hospital has a large neonatal unit and a well established maternity department. There is also Wythenshawe hospital (south Manchester)
This has a good maternity unit also.
The uk are aiming for midwife lead units more and more! I guess to keep the cost down.
As for doctors sadly I couldn't tell you. (my background is neonates).
St Marys can be very busy due to the speciality services they offer so if you live south of the city I'd say wythenshawe would be a good option.
Hope this was of some use.
Good luck.

Hi Ally1602!

Thanks for your contribution.;)

Harmonie.

Just wanted to say congrats!

my girlfriend is from manchester once we go to the university hospital on oxford road they have sexual health clinic which she says to me was very good :-)

Thank you all for contributing :)

Aurélie

I had my daughter at what used to be St Mary's (now children's hospital) Oxford Road.

That was the best decision EVER! She was born with a serious problem (I knew beforehand) and it was touch and go and here she is, 9 fantastic years later!

Expert, but warm and humane care, sweet nurses, simply brilliant!

It will be different now, the old building has gone, but for medical care I'm sure you couldn't be in better hands!

I started my pregnancy in Spain and I am soooo glad I came back to the UK! -nuff said. :D

Hi blissgirl,

Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team