Pregnancy in Hong Kong

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Hong Kong?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Hong Kong?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

some information...hope this help...

The cost of a delivery at a private hospital will vary dependent on the type of room you book, the individual doctor and his fees, and whether there are any complications with the pregnancy. Additionally, depending on what you eat while in the hospital your bill can go up.

Thanks for your contribution Raphael Wong!;)

Harmonie.

I do not know of a particular doctor that is better then another but the healthcare in Hong KONG IS NOT ONLY VERY MODERN AND ADVANCED BUT IT IS ALSO AS EXPENSIVE AS THE HEALTHCARE IN USA!

P.S> sorry for the upper case I accidently pushed a wrong button.

You will find a good one here topdoc.hk/bookings/#find-doctor-button  ;)

Hi,

It all depends on your choice of health service. You can choose public or private healthcare. Obviously, public hospitals will cost less and they do have wonderful doctors. The drawback is that it won;t be as comfortable as private healthcare. There are long queues and it can get crowded as well. You'll mostly spend on ultrasound and your bed which may also depend on your condition. A bed usually costs $100 a night and ultrasound $300 per copy.

Private health care works best if you have a health insurance because price can range between $50,000 to $100,000. Complications are a different story. If you do have an existing health insurance policy, ask the details on maternity benefits because it may not cover your newborn.

Hope this helps and good luck!

In case you don't have health insurance, I recommend Village Insurance.
Cheers!