I need help about my visit to thailand

I am judiza from Philippines, i am visiting thailand this coming april 4 and be back here in april 9,i will just be staying in thailand for 4 days to meet my bf and for the mototrbike show in phuket thailand,coz my boyfriend read an article online saying there is a annually celebration of motorbike event show in thailand evry april 6 to 8, ..i already have my return ticket and i also have a bank account money,but still i am worried coz i heard that there are filipina miss their flight coz the immigration asking them an invitation from thailand my bf is from korea so he cannot give me anyinvitation from thailand beside we will just stay there 4 days. What are the other reason why immigration did not allow some filipino go thailand as tourist?as it says filipino visa holder can go thailand with visa exemption...

please i need some answer, i really look forward to go to thailand next month...

judi

Mabuhy Judiza, Philippines are part of ASEAN so there should not be a problem for you to visit Thailand as a tourists.  You will have 30 days visa once you arrive.  You can always call the Thai Embassy in Manila for clarrification.

Cheers

thanks a lot for the reply miss joice,i try to call their telephone but no one picking up in all the phones..i dont know why., but some says there is no problem once you have a return ticket ,hope all is well as i love to go to thailand and explore the place....

today is saturday, all embassies are close.  you have to call during working hours

actually i call them last week its working days but still no one picking up the phone..but i will still try it this monday then..thasnk a lot

+hi judiza, actually thailand not require the invitation, but the immigration from your country when you out they might ask you. But if your age is over 22 up, I think they won't ask for it, cause I ever heard from my friends about this case.

i am already 22,so yout hink they won't ask me an invitation?i hope so coz my bf is from korea and i dont knwo anyone from thailand so no one can send me an invitation really....thanks a lot for the info

if your look younger than you age, probably has problem.I think the immigration in filipine won't let under age to go out(to protect the teenager from being cheated... I suppose)

well i just look younger but i can show them a valid id and my birth certificate so they will see and it can prove them......if my countrymen will matter after look then they should not be working their as they have to be considerate,,,i can prove anyway....

Phil Immig are really strict. Though you will only go out for a visit. Do you have any friends here? Find someone who has a work permit and ask her to give you an invitation letter. Msg me if you have further questions

i dont have any friends from there...actually my american bf is from korea,we dont have any friends living in their so no one can give me an invitation beside i am going there as tourist only for 4 days....it really sucks embassy said all depends in immigration if they wont allow you go to thaialnd then we dont havw the choice.....does really looks matter?

Are they allow u to go to thailand?? Because I'm planing to go there on Monday .i just want to ask if what immigration asked u?!

Hello Lance041312 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this is an old thread.

Thanks

Karen.

Just becarefull on airport there when theyes are checking your passport they have many question they are trying to cheat I know that,, sometimes delaying your flight just scared you so that you pay them, but don't he scared that you cannot go here evryone can flight,, if thry really want yo hold you they heed yo pay all of your expenses tickets if you csnnot flight,,don't sign any papers that they ask you to sign because if you sign it means you do something wrong,, that's the problem of our country too much corruption,,;))

hello guys. i just want to ask. Me and My bf has planning to go to thailand. He is a Thai and im Filipina. He is working here. So now ho can i get invitation from thai if he is here? Thank you

buret wrote:

hello guys. i just want to ask. Me and My bf has planning to go to thailand. He is a Thai and im Filipina. He is working here. So now ho can i get invitation from thai if he is here? Thank you

His family may assist you.

buret wrote:

If your BF is Thai and working in Philippines, just simply ask him to accompany you to the nearest Thai Embassy and provide them with the 13 digit Thai ID and house registration evidence, you may apply for a tourist visa to travel with him back to Thailand. If he is there you do not need any special invitations.

First of all if you are filipino you can get tourist visa on arrival entitled to stay 30 days and extended 15 days after you're in thailand.  If you want to stay longer you can apply a visa at Thai embassy in your country, you'll get 3 mths and can be extended for about 1 1/2 months. No guarantee from any one else.

Good day!
im ann, i want to visit my bf in thailand i heard that philippines is a visa exemption in thailand.. i want to know what are the other documents needed for me to exit the country.. by the way my bf will meet me in cebu and we will fly together going to thailand.. so what other documents needed so we can travel together. aside from round trip ticket?

Thanks and regards

Hi Ann,

If your planning on staying in Thailand for 30 days or less than all you need is a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days and your passport. If you plan on staying longer than 30 days than you'll have to get a tourist visa. Hope this helps! hotbuthappy.com

hotbuthappy wrote:

Hi Ann,

If your planning on staying in Thailand for 30 days or less than all you need is a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days and your passport. If you plan on staying longer than 30 days than you'll have to get a tourist visa. Hope this helps! hotbuthappy.com

No need for a tourist visa to stay up to 60 days. Since visa exempt entries can now be extended for 30 days at Thai Immigration in Thailand costs 1900 Baht. Changed in August when new police orders for immigration were issued. :cool:

thetefldon wrote:
hotbuthappy wrote:

Hi Ann,

No need for a tourist visa to stay up to 60 days. Since visa exempt entries can now be extended for 30 days at Thai Immigration in Thailand costs 1900 Baht. Changed in August when new police orders for immigration were issued. :cool:

Thanks for confirming what I thought I had read. Do you know where it can be found in writing? I am due to fly from the uk to Thailand in January for more than 30 days and would like to have a print off of it in case of any questions by the airline.

Looks like the OP is not going to report back on her experience. The Philippines are very protective of their single young females as so many have , unfortunately, been tricked into prostitution abroad. Unfortunately immigration officers are sometimes a bit over zealous and also deny legitimate travel.

Lancashire Lad wrote:
thetefldon wrote:
hotbuthappy wrote:

Hi Ann,

Thanks for confirming what I thought I had read. Do you know where it can be found in writing? I am due to fly from the uk to Thailand in January for more than 30 days and would like to have a print off of it in case of any questions by the airline.

Here is a link to the new police orders in both Thai and English. Section 2.4 covers the Visa exempt extension. Here is the extract from the above orders:
2.4 In the case of tourism purposes:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 30 days from the date on which the permitted period has lapsed.
The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a tourist visa (TOURIST) or exempted from applying for a visa. Each permission shall be granted for no more than 30 days as announced by the Ministry of Interior.
(2) Must not be of a nationality or type prescribed by the committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau.

So no problem extending a visa exempt entry in Thailand  BUT can you enter Thailand in the first place?

As far as Thai imigration goes yes you can enter(see below).

BUT what about your airline since some may ask to see a return ticket or other confirmation of onward travel within the 30 day visa exempt period.Given that your return flight might well be 58 days after flying in you could in theory be refused boarding.

A check with your airline well before departure would seem to be a sound move.

This is what the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs says about visa exempt entries:

"Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must possess adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand (i.e., cash 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family)."

Thai Immigration have also been known to ask for details of onward travel too.

Alternatvely why not apply for a tourist visa. It gets you 60 days entry with no need to visit immigration to extend it(unless you want another 30 days). A single entry tourist visa(not extended) is cheaper than extending a visa exempt entry in Thailand.

It will also satisfy any airline questions regarding your stay.

Tourist Visa before coming is easy and cheaper.

The 10.000 baht per person is not what Immigration ask for at the Air port, it is 20.000 baht per person.
I know after a few friends from back home come here on visa exempt last week, and they all have to show 20.000 baht per person, travel plan, hotel they book, ticket out of Thailand again. (inside the 30 days)

Never done that wrote:

Tourist Visa before coming is easy and cheaper.

The 10.000 baht per person is not what Immigration ask for at the Air port, it is 20.000 baht per person.
I know after a few friends from back home come here on visa exempt last week, and they all have to show 20.000 baht per person, travel plan, hotel they book, ticket out of Thailand again. (inside the 30 days)

Thanks. The quote regarding money is taken from MFA web site here. Tourist Visa Exempt
ThisIsThailand :cool:

Hello! Nice to know you guys! Im seeking for an information and  of course an advise.

My boyfriend is 30 years old and he wants to visit me here in Thailand for just only 3 days. What documents should I prepare for him so he can visit me and to avoid problems in Philippines Immigration.

Your reply is a big help for me and I will appreciate it so much!
God Bless You

Hello Mayotyot,

i would suggest you create a new thread regarding your matter at hand since the topic you posted in is not active. Please click on this link Information on visas in Thailand to either browse (look for the adequate information) or post. 

Thank you,
Gavind.
Expat.com Team.

No problem. Bon Voyage.