Not a great Googler.....Hello everyone!

Hi folks,

We are hoping to relocate from Ireland to Oman in the (very) near future. We are due over on holiday again in April and will do more of a recon but in the interim I have some questions that I can't find definitive answers to and I hope you can help?

I see there are 2 catholic churches in Muscat, can our children make their communion and confirmations in those churches?

We are unsure of whether to send our kids to the ABA and go for the french system or to look at the British School and MIS for the English system or go for TAISM and the American system, can you tell me your preference?

We currently have our kids in the Gaelscoil system here in Cork and do wish for our kids to continue their Irish learning as we hope to be back here in 5 years and the exemption rules may not apply, is there someone in Muscat who teaches Irish?

Thanks so much,
DM

Hello DM and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

All the best for your family & you,
Harmonie.

Hi disneymumcork,
I am not sure about Irish teacher but I am pretty sure you will get Irish community here and I can see some of Irish collegue in PDO. About schooling as I know ABA is the best in teaching.But british school is good as well.If your kids are in nursery then PDo school is also very good. In ABA generally there is a Q for admission.
Anirban

I agree with Anirban.  Go for ABA, that will serve your purpose qualitatively.  Wishing you and  your family the very best