What type of work is available for Australians in Beijing?

My partner and I are heading over to Beijing shortly. We are both in our mid 40's with extensive business experience. I have already gained employment ( hence the reason we are moving over) but my partner will have to leave his position here in Australia to come over. He will then be looking for employment in Beijing.
What is the employment situation like for people with a strong finance, sales and business management background? Having said that he would be happy doing anything that allows him the opportunity to meet people.
Any suggestions would be welcome...

have a look on thebeijinger.com that's normally your best bet when job hunting in Beijing, good luck!! He could teach business english, will earn about 10000RMB+ a month which is a comfortable salary here

With that kind of background probably your best bet is to contact the Australian Embassy to Beijing, they might guide you to find a suitable Australian company here...

or if you want I have a friend who was looking a person with business management background, (I don't know if he needed Chinese speaking though), if you want, send me a message here and I can put you in contact with him.

Good luck to both of you and welcome to Beijing.

Gullekian

:)