Advise needed

Hi,

I'm KSML and just being offered a expatriate job in Dubai with the work package in Dirham as below,

Basis salary 16000
Transport allowance 1000
Housing allowance 4000
Phone call allowance 1000

Can anyone tell me whether the offer with the above package is reasonable for the position of Senior Finance Manager? Can this package be able to cope with the cost of living in Dubai?

Appreciate you can send your feedback to my personnal email address : [email protected].

Thanks

Best regards,
KSML

For a MANAGER, the package looks to be low but it depends of your conditions in your current job. Also it depends of where are you coming from, do you have a family or you are bachelor, your life style, etc.

I'm from Malaysia, the package is about 85% more than my existing salary.

I've no kids, but plan to move in with my spouse who is currently a housewife. 

I'm aiming for a simple & healthy life style. Thus, can I survive in Dubai as a middle class with the package offers ?

All advises are certainly welcome......

The package seems very low to me. As far as I am aware accom itself will set you back about DHS 60000 - 7000. I think food is relatively cheap and so is running a car. But rent is the killer - so to speak.

As far as a healthy lifestyle goes, I dont think Dubai is the place for it. Except during winter its nearly impossible to go outside for a walk. So a lot of people tend to go to malls and restaurants and bars and thus spend more money. Which is fine if you earn a lot :)

I'm really appreciated all your valuable advises. Yes, I do agree that rental is going to be the main burden. The company will pay me DHS4000 per mth, and I would expect to pay the rest if the rental exceeded the housing allowance given by the company.

Just wonder if I can get a studio/one bedroom apartment with furniture for around DHS5000 per mth? That's my plan for all at the time being......