A festive night of fun & frolics

Dear All

Following a successful and fun night organised by Calator, we thought it may be fun to have a night of ice-skating followed or in parallel to copious amounts of drinking.

After all, there is only 19 days until Christmas and we must start practising now. :)

Date: 9 December 2011
Time: 19:30 onwards
Place: Ice-skating rink in Schlossplatz (nearest station stop: Stadtmitte)

The drinking after will be organised by Lanchester - he knows who he is & details of that will follow shortly.

I hope to see you all there. :)

Was great to have you "on board" (that's how project teams say right?) yesterday and i'm really looking forward to have even more fun on friday! ps: will send some invits asap ;-)

Count me in for the skating....I'm all set to embarrass myself :)..Looking forward for another funfilled evening

As I said to Calator last night „ Hip Hip Hurra “ for organising another successful evening, in "Cafe Felix", with lots enthralling conversation. Welcome to the newcomers joining in for the first time. Good to see you all!

Hello,

Firstly: Thanks Hula_girl!, cheers all round for your good work in getting this Christmas market-event up and running. It is no longer a dream, but a dream come true for those of us who dare brave all to face each other in the Ring (ice ring of course), or just watch in horror or joy from the sidelines armed with a Glühwein or tastey non alcoholic beverage (all in the name of fun). Conversation topics are once again unrestricted or just let Hula_girl! tell you one of her fine jokes over a Glühwein to get you laughing.

“Newcomers” are welcome as always: For those of you who might not recognise us, Calator or I will be wearing “two green bands with little flashing lights on the right arm”. So if you don`t see us on the ice-skating rink in Schlossplatz, just walk around it while looking for the flashing lights on the right arm and say “Hello” or even surprise us with a warm “Bonsoir” depending on where you may come from.

The Christmas market will be open until 21:00. Glühwein or hot tee may keep us warm. Umbrella`s might be compulsory here?  Shortly after 21:00 we will move to an indoor location (that is still being decided on), dancing in the later hours is allowed, but not compulsory (if that`s OK with you, Hula_girl?).

Good to hear so many of you are coming, I hope Stuttgart is big enough to accommodate all of us.

Regards to all,
Lanchester

Count me in! Sounds like it will be a fun night (and sheer embarrassment for me as well Hari!!)
Look forward to seeing you all again!

Im going too :) hahaha even when Im not good for skating... that means... falls and falls maybe some blood too hahahaa

I will inform medics to be on standby ;)....since "the best" are about to dazzle the crowd :D

Medics on standby...blood?! I'm worried I have suggested a dangerous rather than fun activity.

Anyway, on the positive side, if we agree to play the drinking game I suggested on Monday, it sounds like we could have a lot of drunk people on our hands.

For those who weren't there on Monday, I suggested we could play a game where everyone is "paired" with another person in the group. When a person A falls down, crashes into someone etc. etc. (I could make some more actions) then the "pair person" B drinks a shot.
I'm sure you've all heard that the drunker one gets, the better one's German gets too. I'm hoping this is the same for ice-skating. :)

@hula_girl1 : Just to make it clear , is every one supposed to get their choice of drinks ?
(I def plan on Juice or atmost Glühwein  ;) )

Just for you Hari...Kinderspunch ;-)

Sri-hari thats a good point, juice is definately OK..
It's all about people meeting up from different walks of life.

Nicht mehr krank, I'll be there too! 
:) 
Bis Freitag!

May be i will be there but do not done ice-skating before so  hopefully looking to get some pain :(.. But i will try my best .

Hello Saqibd,

Good to hear you are coming along and willing to give the ice-skating a go, you can always opt out for a Glühwein instead.

I read your introduction-blog, thanks for that.

Hi Lanchester!

I will come for meeting but will say "NO to Glühwein".I will love to get juice and I hope i will get a juice over there :D.
Thanks for appreciating my intro.

Then juice it is!
Look forward to seeing you at the ring

Hi Lanchester !

Thanks for giving me choice :).i will be there to meet some cool and nice peoples of the world.

Hi everyone,

We will be moving to a second location, "Barcode" at 21:30 or perhaps a little earlier depending on the weather. 

BARCODE
Theodor-Heuss-Strasse
3070174 Stuttgart

http://www.barcode-stuttgart.de

We will meet upstairs, so anyone joining us here is welcome and will easily find us. Upstairs is quieter and good for conversation. Later we will move downstairs into the party atmosphere. 

Special Thanks to Calator for suggesting this fine location.

See you all soon
Lanchester

Hi guys, great event. I will join..I am very excited for my first ice-skating!!!!(with lot of falls)and it was really good to have a drinking game followed....Let's have fun :):)....See you tomorrow!!!!

Everybody,

I am so very excited to see such positive responses and I hope everyone can make it tonight. It is slightly rainy but fingers crossed that'll pass.

See you tonight :)

Thanks for that positive note, Hula_girl1.

In case a drop of rain even dares to fall, I`m sure we can hold out with our warm jackets, umbrellas and merry cheers for one or two hours.

The rumor is that the Barcode has central heating;-), so nobody should be dying of hypothermia.

Just an insider to any Indians out there, congradulations to  Virender Sehwag on a job well done.

Hi all,

Thanks for this great initiative!

I'll try to join you at Barcode around 10pm. Good luck for the ice skating:)

Cheers

Many thanks again to Hula_girl1 and to Lanchester for having organised this successfull event, great job!

Despite of the rain we had a good time ice-skating and Glühwein-drinking on the Weihnachtsmarkt, then a really cool party at the Rohbau, what a funny bar I must say!

Moreover some harmony is building up the group and we should definitely hang out soon again, what do You think?

I already collected some very good ideas for the next event:
- a food discovery where everyone brings an own speciality
- a week-end away of Stuttgart for skiing or hiking
- a party at the oldest karaoke of Germany (funpub.de)

Anybody can contribute to the organisation and I will personally support your initiative as long as i am available.

FYI I won't be available from the 20th to the 31th of December and from the 12th to the 15th of January.

Hope to hear from You soon! :)))

Hey Calator,

I def had fun..thanks 2 everyone who made it :), cheered us (hula_girl1 & self) and witnessed our encounters with ICE :P...I promise that wasn't last, you see me on ICE, I'd get better each time i do it..and yeah partying was fun 2 (@felix - next time we will play straight ..lol)

Talking about food discovery : whenever I cook, folks at my place, always "pray after dinner" (so far so good , never had a casualty :P). Idea of food def sounds exciting, mouthwatering(slurppp!)

and we should plan more things, hangout & have fun!

Hello Everyone,

Once again it was great catching up last Friday, thanks to everyone for joining us at the ice-ring and afterparty.

Now to something new:

“Red” Christmas Party at Lanchester`s

I thought it would be great if we could meet up for a big event and decided to host a Christmas party for everyone at my place. Thanks to all of you that have responded so far! It is going to be a great party already with the people that are now coming. The rest of you can make it even better just by turning up. Please make the effort to drop me a message and say if you are coming or even if you can`t make it, I am looking forward to hearing from you all and seeing you on Friday also. As always newcomers are welcome.

Here is the link to the “Red” Christmas Party at Lanchester`s:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 819#563968 - p563968

Hi all, thanks for making Friday evening a wonderful....drenched chat with Glühwein, watching skating (hope next time i should start skating), hot coffee with Choc cake, party etc....Cooking meetup is going to be fun :):).....Let me try to make a different food !!!!(hope it will be also tasty!). Keep the party mood ON......bye..