Possible relocation on the very near horizon

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site/forum. We are from Perth, Western Australia. My husband has applied for an Engineering position in Hong Kong and we are just waiting to hear if the relocation will be becoming reality. I would greatly appreciate any advice from people who have made the move over there, especially anyone with children as we have a 15 month old son.

I would love any information on best areas to live with children, getting around with a pram (easy or hard). Anything to do with everyday life and just how you're finding it and if you're settling in well. I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you.

Oh and if there's any Engineers or anyone for that matter that have any advice on what to negotiate as part of an employment/relocation package etc...that would be great to hear about also. Hope you're all having a great day. :D

Regards Kitcat78

Hello Kitcat78 and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to take a look at the different discussions of the forum. It may help.;)

All the best,
Harmonie.:)

Hello Kitcat,

I am from Perth too. I used to be an international student and spent almost 8years time over there. I just back to Hong Kong for good 1.5year ago....What a small world:)
There are some areas with a lot of foreigner or even families are staying. It depends where your husband is going to work then u can choose the best cloest place to live. I am living in New Territorial, about the northern side of hk, sometimes I do see some foreigners around my suburb. Renting a place in hk is not as hard as in perth, as long as u have money(not that expensive in perth). If u need any help, just let me know, see if I am able to help:)

Ray