Does anyone work in fund administration ?

Hi,

Looking to possibly set up a fund administration business in Mauritius does anyone on this site work in the fund administration sector?

Michael

isle of man? thats in uk? ok-Used to work for Nedcor Trade Services, branch offshore of Nedbank

better u contact offshore companies: like deutsche bank, BBI and so!, or an accountant in offshore business: if cant find, pv me, i'll look for friends :)

cheers
Islander77

Hello Michael, I am involved in asset management in Mauritius for past 12 years and used to be an external manager to a Swiss bank here. Please let me know what you plan to do and scope of activity. I already have an interest in a fund manager and administration company already licensed by the domestic regulator. Past experience includes setting up microgen's 4series systems for admin and reporting using Gips standards. You may contact me. All the best. Ray

Ray,

Thanks for the e-mail as I know next to nothing about Mauritius & the fund business out there.

We love the IOM, but the FSC on this island want big fund admin co not small start ups like me & add in subjest to license clauses that make it difficult.
Looking at other juristictions as contingency plans.
A contact gave me Dave Cosgrove at Belvedere's details and I have spoken to someone at the regulator, but would love to hear your opinions.
Do you have skpe my username is michael.f.green2 in Douglas IOM?

The Mauritius regulator seems more open for business than the IOM.

Regards
Michael

perfect Michael. Lets stay in touch via skype/ msg. Will runthrough the doc you sent me.