1st day in Riyadh....

....has been fab! Once I got my accommodation changed, I've had a really nice day, none of my luggage was searched and had my abaya on and no headscarf, it was round my neck and things were fine.

I was expecting all sorts of stuff to happen but to be honest although some things are a bit strange, like a divided Macdonalds and women's only bank that I drove past, all else seems fine.

Fingers crossed it stays that way!

So lets organise a meet up all, keen to do so!

Dear Nasiya,
Welcome to Saudi Arabia :)
Hope you had a sound and safe trip, and your meeting with your boss went successfully :)
I am sure you will enjoy your staying here in Riyadh specially that there are soooo many things to know and explore. [Moderated]

Cheers,
Maram

Nasiya,

you finally made it. welcome to Riyad :D

Salman

Welcome to Riyadh!

Good to know that all went well.

You will soon get used to the cultural differences and the weather! (huge difefrence from Sheffield...we are from Manchester)

Well there will be a few hurdles, so just ask on this forum, im sure people will be able to advice and help.

hi there
i am due over there in nov and nervous about it for all sorts of reasons

really interested in your message up so how is it for you so far

thanks
mick

Welcome to Riyadh
it's nice to hear that everything go somthe with you and hope it's will continue this way .

Riyadh's ladies will meet on 28 this month but if u want to meet sooner I'll love to do that :cool:
I have a free time this weekend and next week I can introduce you to one of Riyadh's Malls grab cup of coffee or going to one of Tahla's restaurants.

Thanks all, I'm making loads of new friends and been to Riyadh Gallery Mall today and 50 Fruits juice shop yesterday which was hilarious.

I'm living opposite a mall too which makes life easier, I will write more when I get in, just a pit stop and off out again.

Best wishes to all x

Welcome to riyadh and hope you will have a good time there and enjoy yourntime there :)
And you can make friends there and have friendship with them and you will have many benefits of that like   exchanging cultures between and others that you will discover by the time there.

Regards

don't worry you can release your fingers, keep them crossed too long and things might get crossed as well...

enjoy your stay