Who knows about visa regulations?

Good day, Everybody!
I need to renew my visa for 3 months. But as far as I know, passport office cancelled all the previous applications for 3 month visas - my friend told me this? is this true? who knows for sure? please help!

not true! as am going this saturday to help a friend with the visa

as my friend will have a visa for 6 months so it means it is still working

Anna Tyutyaeva wrote:

Good day, Everybody!
I need to renew my visa for 3 months. But as far as I know, passport office cancelled all the previous applications for 3 month visas - my friend told me this? is this true? who knows for sure? please help!

depends on the type of visa you are looking for (residence, tourism, work .....etc.) and also depends on nationality.

Thanks, everybody, I also had doubts about this cancellation thing. I need a touristic visa, I don't work in Egypt, I just live here for a while.

Anna Tyutyaeva wrote:

Thanks, everybody, I also had doubts about this cancellation thing. I need a touristic visa, I don't work in Egypt, I just live here for a while.

For Russians and Ukrainians - as far as I know when I asked last time in the Tahrir complex (Immigration, Passport and Citizenship Authority) since my mother-in-law is coming to stay for some time here also that you can only get a total of 60 days visa. You can get 30 days upon entry which can be extended to 30 more days, after this you'd be overstaying the visa which would subject you to a monetary fine (which is not too much as far as I know).

Worst case scenario you can leave to any neighboring country (Jordan for example) and come back. This way you can get another 30 days visa upon entry, and renew it for 30 more days.

Thanks a lot. It doesn't sound nice...but thanks for all this information.

Anna Tyutyaeva wrote:

Thanks a lot. It doesn't sound nice...but thanks for all this information.

You can also double check since rules here change very easily and very often .... This information was one week before Ramadan (i.e.: more than 6 weeks ago)

Sure, I plan to go to passport office on Sunday.

Anna Tyutyaeva wrote:

Appreciate if you can feed us back after you are done :)

The Egyptian wrote:
Anna Tyutyaeva wrote:

Appreciate if you can feed us back after you are done :)

Please check this topic :(https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=108959

latest news is no visas on entry but get yourself to nearest consulate and find out.

alexscot wrote:

latest news is no visas on entry but get yourself to nearest consulate and find out.

Alex, this decision has been reversed. Visa upon entry rules remain the same.

glad to hear it as this would really hurt egypt.  she has been through enough.

alexscot wrote:

glad to hear it as this would really hurt egypt.  she has been through enough.

Yes. I am Egyptian and my wife has a long-term residence visa and a pending application for citizenship so I am kind of unaffected by the original decision, but I was really concerned about the consequences .....

Fortunately, they suspended it before it even took effect ...

I am married to Egyptian and have long term visa too so only going by what I read as am in UK just now as dad sick.  It was the consequences I was worried about.  I thought it would put soo many people off coming as many western people scared to come as it is.  They do not love Egypt as we do.