Fresh graduate expat teaching salary

What is the salary range for a new expat teacher in Malaysia?

I have a few internship experiences and have been working part time in an online English Academy for the past year.

Perhaps start off your post with a quick introduction about yourself.

Then members may answer your post.

Have you tried a Google search. I did and there is plenty of information there.

@stumpy

Yes of course. Thank you for the tip!

I wasn't sure to what extent I should reveal myself as this is permanent and for everyone to view.

I am from Taiwan (24 years old) and have been studying International Teacher Education in the Netherlands. It is a four year bachelor program with a design-based approach to education. We have teaching practices every year and can choose a different school in a different country if we want to. Hence, I have experience interning in the Netherlands, the Czech Replublic, and Hungary. This degree does not come with a qualified teacher certificate.

I started private tutoring when I was 17 and charge $20/hr to Taiwanese students. And the online English Academy pays me the same, excluding bonuses.

I understand that being a Taiwanese working in the international educational field may mean that I don't get paid as much. Hence, I wanted to ask a general question first.

I have been googling everywhere and have not seen information targeting new teachers with an expat salary. I do see a lot of salary information for local new teachers. Perhaps I was looking at the wrong places. Could you direct me to where you saw information in this regard?